Wordpress + Shopping cart, what are you using?

Mike Panic

Jul 22, 2009
PA
www.mikepanic.com
I'm slowly putting a store in my own site (photoraphy portfolio powered by WP) but also do some CMS sites powered by WP now and again that a client wants to put a shopping cart in.

To do the one on my site I just used FatFreeCart - Free shopping cart for Google Checkout and PayPal to generate the buttons, but I know there are better solutions.

Looking for open source / free solutions, or paid once and done, no recurring monthly fees.

Yeah, if you're setting up a full store, by the time you're done you may as well just use magento.

To sell a a couple products via paypal or sniper site it will work.

Gripes- has been buggy before...something about it, I just would not trust for a full scale roll out.

ZenCart, but there is a lot to it, pretty good for larger shops wouldn't recommend it for just a few items though

Thanks - I'm only looking at a dozen, maybe two dozen items. wp e-commerce looks like it will fit my needs for now as soon as i finish going over and testing it all, the total lack of documentation for it kind of blows.

The internet company that I work for has been using 1SC or One Shopping Cart not only since I've been with them...(Going on 2 years now) But it'll be a decade this year.

So, I definitely would recommend those guys. Plus now that they know us so well and vice versa, they're always hooking us up with great support and with anything else we're trying to do.

Check em out if you get the chance.

To life and death and everything in between,

Spreadtheword

I agree with either using Paypal for dozen items or switch to Magento for storefront for more more items.

Gleb