WordPress search to email

pdxdvr

Dec 10, 2011
I'm setting up a WordPress real estate site for an international client, so unfortunately all of the US based IDX options don't really help here.

Basically custom post types for properties, custom taxonomies for things like beds and baths, custom fields for descriptions, price, etc.

A user can search via these various custom things and get the results.

What I'd like to do, but am having problems with, is once the user makes that search, they can subscribe to that query via email. So any time the realtor posts a new property that matches their criteria, they get an automated email saying "Hey jerkface, a new property matches your criteria, here's a link:".

Everything I'm seeing that could manage this seems to require an IDX solution which doesn't exist in the country I'm building for.

Anyone know of a solution?

I'm setting up a WordPress real estate site for an international client, so unfortunately all of the US based IDX options don't really help here.

Everything I'm seeing that could manage this seems to require an IDX solution which doesn't exist in the country I'm building for.

I think this fits into the concerns I shared above, but I'll give it a shot to see if there's some way around needing an IDX account. The plugin page says:

IDX property data is copyrighted by Multiple Listing Services, thus an WordPressIDX account is required to activate the WordPress IDX plugin.