Wordpress Plugin: Recently Updated Blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus Aurelius

I Work For Books
Mar 13, 2007
I'm looking for a plugin that will show a list of recently published posts on other blogs.

The point that the list should be, let's say, of 10 newest posts, even if there are 100 updated blogs at the same time.

I was searching support forums but couldn't find anything similar to that.
FoFI (http://thecodepro.com/development/fofi/fofi.phps) seems to do the job, but the site is down, BDP RSS Aggregator (Oz Politics » Blog) only shows posts that were updated today, or if you choose to show most recently updated ones, it lists only one newest post (or am I doing here something wrong?)

Can anyone help me out with this?

AtanasYanen, damn, what language is that? I recognized Cyrillic, but it's not Russian.. :) Anyway, thanks for the link, will try it right away!

jerxs, RSS is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated digital content, such as blogs, news feeds or podcasts.

Ok, I tried it and it doesn't work.

It gives a lot of errors, when I try to update blogs. But either way I think it's not what I was looking for.

If I understand it correctly it only orders your blogroll links by the date they've been updated (correct me if I'm wrong, because there are no readme file).

And I am looking for a plugin that would list, let's say 10, most recent updated blogs with the title of the last post and short excerption of the post. So it would look something like on the SitePoint : New Articles, Fresh Thinking for Web Developers and Designers homepage's "Daily Blogs" section.

AtanasYanen, damn, what language is that? I recognized Cyrillic, but it's not Russian.. :) Anyway, thanks for the link, will try it right away!

jerxs, RSS is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated digital content, such as blogs, news feeds or podcasts.

Ok then you just answered your own question, btw my question was more of a statement than a question. It seems like the most logical way to grab the newest posts from other blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.