Wordpress or Own Website

eraflicker

Dec 6, 2017
Hi guys,

Newbie to this whole new arena of website, marketing and SEO thingy. I wanted to start to do some content writing or blogging as they say. And a few acquaintance advised me to use Wordpress as a starter then eventually have my own website if it is already in good shape. Then also a few said that it would be nice to start my own website though I have to bring out some pennies. I am torn between the two.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

I went for Wordpress since I am still grasping Digital Marketing. And wordpress have this 'pro forma guide' which is so helpful. I would shift once I have a good and solid foundation in this field.

I went for Wordpress since I am still grasping Digital Marketing. And wordpress have this 'pro forma guide' which is so helpful. I would shift once I have a good and solid foundation in this field.

Hmmm, makes sense. So I will probably make a trial and error with wordpress. :D Thanks!

Create your own website using wordpress. Means rather than making a blog on wordpress.com you should have your own domain and hosting and then install Wordpress on your domain and create a website of your own. That' the more professional way if you are serious about your blogging adventures.

Local SEO Guide 2020 web page design in Wordpress using Elementor plugin

Hi guys,

Newbie to this whole new arena of website, marketing and SEO thingy. I wanted to start to do some content writing or blogging as they say. And a few acquaintance advised me to use Wordpress as a starter then eventually have my own website if it is already in good shape. Then also a few said that it would be nice to start my own website though I have to bring out some pennies. I am torn between the two.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
Checkout below SEO Infographics that would be very helpful if you want to do local SEO Expert guide in 2020
How To Do Free Local SEO & Best Guide 2020 - Local Citation - Local Business Listing

Photo_1600353535158-e1602318380208.png

Wordpress makes it pretty easy to create sites that can rank (if you have good content). I got nothing against wordpress, it makes life a little bit easier. Plenty of hosts that offer one-click wordpress installations, and it's easy to just pop a theme into wordpress. Easy to add plugins and what not too.

Wordpress makes it much easier to create a website. You can do it for a couple of hours and it will looks good, there are a lot of options regarding design and you can rank it. So, Wordpress definitely is the fest option

WordPress is a flexible content management system that allows numerous users to develop and manage websites without having to know how to code. A WordPress site will be more difficult to manage than an HTML one, despite being much easier to customise. You won't have to worry about plugin compatibility or site upkeep with an HTML website.

WordPress is a flexible content management system that allows numerous users to develop and manage websites without having to know how to code. A WordPress site will be more difficult to manage than an HTML one, despite being much easier to customise. You won't have to worry about plugin compatibility or site upkeep with an HTML website.

In HTML, you have to learn code & it cannot produce dynamic output or its structure tough to understand for newbies, & it is time-consuming Whereas WordPress is easy to learn & understand but there is only one thing that I do not like is we need a lot of plugins for additional features. For more clarity read this.

Starting out with Wordpress is a good idea to get acquainted with web development.
However, if you already have quite a following on your social media,
establishing your website early can avoid confusion later on.

Own site is always a better solution if you have the ability and opportunity to create one, as it would allow you to make custom solutions and adjust each element on your site to fit your personal requirements and needs. Also, these sites usually have a much better user experience and performances which means you can achieve good organic ranking faster. But, if it's too pricey at the moment for you to hire someone to create you a site, then you can go first with Wordpress as it's less expensive and also has some great features, and can allow you to regularly update site and write fresh content.

If you're picking for a certain project, you have to have a budget. Rates vary, but pick the one you want based on cost

The basis of your choices should be the end goals you want to achieve. In general, if the site is small, WP is fine, plus you can administer it manually. But for more serious things, I would build a custom site. It's more expensive, more expensive, but more reliable.

Search engine loves custom code websites over CMS based websites, however, If you don't know how to code WordPress is best option to start with and WordPress website will also perform well it is well optimized.

Hi guys,

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Cost Estimate for WordPress:
Domain Name: $0 to $20 per year.
Web Hosting: $30 to $500 per year.
Theme or Template: $0 to $100 (one-time fee).
Professional Web Design (optional): $100 to $5,000+.
DIY Website Builder: $100 to $400 per year.
SSL Certificate: $0 to $249 per year.

Starting with Wordpress can be a great way to ease into content creation without a hefty initial investment. It offers user-friendly tools and templates, making it accessible for beginners. Plus, you can always transition to your own website later once you've gained more experience and confidence. It's all about finding what works best for you and your goals. Good luck with your blogging journey!

It mainly depends on your own definition of the website. If you are going to use it as a blog, it is recommended to use WordPress, which has built-in SEO and is very helpful for ranking. If you are going to build a shopping mall website, you still have to use an independent website. WordPress is a shopping mall website, which is bloated overall, slow to load, and not a good experience for customers.