Wordpress Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHOTEK

We make things GREEN
Feb 16, 2009
bostic nc
www.hhotek.com
after some reading on here quite a few of you mention wordpress quite often so i looked into it and installed it on my server and i now have a blog i have never set a blog up before but here it is what do you guys think HHOTEK

FYI i have gotten a guy from here to rebuild my entire site 3-5 weeks from now you guys should not have to tell me that my site sucks anymore.

Its better than your old site already!

Awww, they grow up so fucking quick!

Much more visually appealing.

Once your blog is setup, we need to teach you how to market your RSS feed. Oooh la la!

If I was in your niche I would definitely start an email list. Aweber ftw

And congrats on a webpage that looks like it was made this decade.

if i am reading correctly it takes my content and basically applies it to sites like google news?
It allows you to syndicate your content. You can produce widgets, you can mix your news into Google and other Blog Search Engines, if you are lucky, someone might even scrape your content! ;)

for you who have blogs for business.....if there is no breaking news with the business should i just not post? or should i try to come up with something daily? from your experinces with your blogs having new daily content the best way or just keeping it to very good weekly content better to keep people coming back?

Don't fluff it daily. That's lame. People won't subscribe or stay subscribed to an updated feed of questionable quality.

My 2 cents

for you who have blogs for business.....if there is no breaking news with the business should i just not post? or should i try to come up with something daily? from your experinces with your blogs having new daily content the best way or just keeping it to very good weekly content better to keep people coming back?

Post what you ate for dinner like good ol' John Chow! :D

Trevor,

This is something i'll talk to you about when we add the blog to the new site, but may as well share my thoughts here as well for everyone....

Your blog needs to be a way for you to be relevant for your target even when they are not buying a product from you. Your blog also needs to help establish your brand as an authority in your niche. And since we're positioning you as a Green innovator, your blog should be related to that.

But your blog should NOT be a way for you to talk about all your products all the time and why they are so good. People see through that and it will turn them off. You should be blogging about things like tips to make your lifestyle more green (and consequently save money). You can also blog about green news (like you are doing now), upcoming green events, etc.

Take time to write quality posts that offer some unique ideas about being green/saving money with green. start a conversation. And fight the urge to talk about your products at all costs! (maybe you can talk every now and then about how Hydrogen boost works and stuff, but don't get too technical, and don't write about specific products, and don't do it very often.)

Also, once the site is up we'll talk about other ways for you to get involved on the "green scene" with social media and other stuff. It's time to start getting involved, it will bring new people back to your brand. But we'll wait for the new site before we do that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.