Wireless Card

stmadeveloper

Aug 30, 2007
I'm finding myself in a position where I'm going to be traveling a bit and won't have an access point for work.

Need to get on-line at least once a day while I'm traveling and I think my only option is a wireless access card.

I don't really want a subscription service with a contract, so I'm thinking about doing the virgin thing where I just buy the hardware and those stupid little pre-paid cards.

How bad is it :)

I'm sure it's not fast, but I just need to get my e-mail and keep in touch with clients. The occasional FTP to tweak ads and stuff. Looking at what Walmart had on the shelves I guess the 1gig option isn't going to cut it for me since I suspect that I'd burn through that if i just had to do anything serious in an emergency.

Get a smart phone and tether, almost all Android phones can be used at a hotspot too. Better than having to carry two devices and will be cheaper too.

I don't expect there to be any hot spots where I'm going.

My wife has an android phone - i'll see if I can hook up to it.

im looking at how to do this with my iphone ( tethering ). Something was mentioned at the ATT store I would have to buy a $60 a month plan to tether the phone, and i was like fuck that and bought a usb modem device that I pay roughly the same for each month.

however, i have a data plan on my iphone too and would like to know if options had changed to where i could just buy an attachment and get online via my iphone. Any ideas?

im looking at how to do this with my iphone ( tethering ). Something was mentioned at the ATT store I would have to buy a $60 a month plan to tether the phone, and i was like fuck that and bought a usb modem device that I pay roughly the same for each month.

however, i have a data plan on my iphone too and would like to know if options had changed to where i could just buy an attachment and get online via my iphone. Any ideas?

Jailbreak it, check out some cell phone forums to learn more.

I had an Android and tethered with PDAnet which worked great for me. Something to check out.

Problem with tethering is the data usage.. I overuse my limit each month just on my phone usage. I guess same with Pre-paid. Data streams too damn fast when you are on limited.

I have a post paid usb card.

Problem with tethering is the data usage.. I overuse my limit each month just on my phone usage. I guess same with Pre-paid. Data streams too damn fast when you are on limited.

I have a post paid usb card.

I think that's going to be my issue. What card do you use - that's really what I'm looking for. This is a 2 week thing only and normally when I travel I have access in some fashion.

I think that's going to be my issue. What card do you use - that's really what I'm looking for. This is a 2 week thing only and normally when I travel I have access in some fashion.

hello. sorry for bumping this thread.
stmadeveloper just wanna let you know.
please check your email inbox.
i join your blackhat digest codeblank but after the payment there is no link for vip access. please check you mail for more details about my payment details.
Thanks.