will Namecheap ever shut you down out of the blue?

kadsc

Feb 1, 2011
United Kingdom
I want some advice on namecheap, as Im planning on transferring a domain from godaddy.

the domain is pretty valuable and I cant afford any issues.

Will namecheap ever shut you down and steal your domain out of the blue if something happens?

any got any experiences with them? Its a totally legitimate white hat website, but you can never be too safe....

thanks in advance

I definitely recommend namecheap over gd.

was actually in a lawsuit over domains, and even through a tro (copy was sent to them by plaintiff lawyers) - namecheap never fucked with the domain. Their communication is way better than gd, free whois, ssl, and interface for changing host records is better imo.

QUIT-MAKING-SHIT-THREADS-YOU-PARANOID-LITTLE-BITCH.jpg

hahah. great pic bauss.

I need to be paranoid. This is an important domain so I cant afford it to be hosted with someone dodgy. Better to get advice about it than sit in the dark not knowing anything

Fair enough. Though I wouldn't worry too much. The odds of losing a domain in the first place is very very slim if you're methods are white hat.

NAMECHEAP PAID FOR MY HOSPITAL BILL. LOL JK I'm in the U.K :D

srsly: I love Namecheap, loads of people recommended it and it's just an awesome registrar, not a bad thing to say about them.

Namecheap took away 2 of my better earning domains in the last year. They are an enom reseller, and anything enom doesn't like, namecheap won't like either. I don't trust them one bit.

I would do research to look for a more courageous registrar. I have heard Gandi is good but I have not used them.

ooooooh, I dont like that - an enom reseller?? They put on their homepage that their ICANN accredited! sounds like their BSing then!

spoke to one of their live chat agents who sounded like a 16 year old kid - not impressed so far. their t & c doesnt sound clear either

Moniker > Dynadot > Namecheap

At least in terms of major US based domain registers who are least likely to pull the plug on your domains. Thats not to say they won't, but if they do at least they'll give you a chance to get them back and communicate with you in the case of a competitor trying to mess with you or whatever. There are others, such as Fabulous, Gandi, Internet.bs, and Eruodns but they are international and if you ever need to defend your domain in court, it will be a pain in the ass.

If a domain is REALLY valuable, consider becoming a register yourself with the help of logic boxes:

ICANN Accreditation,ICANN Accredited Registrar,ICANN Domain Registration

what you do you mean Moniker > Dynadot > Namecheap ???

moniker is the most likely or the least likely to pull the plug? can be interpreted both ways.....

namecheap does take off domains, ive lost doamins wit hthem too.
they are with enom, and eno msi with icann. they just got special deals.
try some european icann resellers like gandi

what you do you mean Moniker > Dynadot > Namecheap ???

moniker is the most likely or the least likely to pull the plug? can be interpreted both ways.....

Oh No! Complicated math symbols. ("Math is hard. Let's go shopping!")

Here's how it works. The wider side is like a mouth that opens towards the side that is bigger.

So, Moniker is [bigger|better|greater] than Dynadot which is [bigger|better|greater] than Namecheap.

My experience with Namecheap is that they fucked me out of my two most valuable domains when they didn't process the transfer I put through properly. I was partially at fault, because I didn't monitor the transfer to ensure it completed. I'm certain, to my own satisfaction, that Namecheap's system was incorrect.

Oh No! Complicated math symbols. ("Math is hard. Let's go shopping!")

Here's how it works. The wider side is like a mouth that opens towards the side that is bigger.

So, Moniker is [bigger|better|greater] than Dynadot which is [bigger|better|greater] than Namecheap.

My experience with Namecheap is that they fucked me out of my two most valuable domains when they didn't process the transfer I put through properly. I was partially at fault, because I didn't monitor the transfer to ensure it completed. I'm certain, to my own satisfaction, that Namecheap's system was incorrect.
To be fair, it also means more than, so could be interpreted as more likely.

It's a GREATER THAN symbol. Why read into it when you can just say "moniker is Greater Than whatever."

-Anywho, At one point I had 250+ domains at NameCreep. Now I only have 2. (For 39 more days and counting!) They are far better than Godaddy, of course, but many, like Moniker, are far better than Namecreep.

I used to be Godaddy, then they tried to fuck me over a couple times so I switched to eNom. eNom's been good to me so far but I'm starting to switch all my domains over to Moniker.

Why are you switching to Moniker if things have been good with Enom?

I still use eNom, and I'm not transferring any domain names away from eNom, but I am registering new ones with Moniker (at least for now).

It's mostly hearsay regarding Moniker's leash vs eNom's leash. That and it's more convenient to have a recurring Paypal subscription than it is to have to always be refilling my account.

But in the end I have probably 100 domains with both of them and will probably have lots of domains with both of them for a while.