Wicked Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weneedsound

Distracted
Jun 25, 2006
New Hampshire, USA
I am glad this forum exists. DP, Sitepoint.. Earners.. they all seem a little candy to me. People here seem a little more hardened; less likely to take shit.. not afraid of posts that may be a confrontation or ego hurting. Yet everyone also seems to be very helpful at the same time. I guess this is just more my crowd.

Thanks -Dan

Every forum serves it's own purpose and it's own genre of webmasters. This forum is definitely not for everyone. EF is good for people who want to network with eachother on a very professional basis, and I think they are different than DP and SPF. DP is definitely a lot more laid back than SPF and WMW. There are tons of great forums around, but I think WF differs in the fact that censorship doesn't exist, and I also think we have a different sense of humor here than at the other forums. You'll definitely find more of a "Family Guy" type crowd here. Sarcastic, witty, blunt, and tough. I love this place. It makes my work day just so much more fun than it used to be. That was my goal, and I feel accomplished already.

Jon said:
I love this place. It makes my work day just so much more fun than it used to be. That was my goal, and I feel accomplished already.
The crappy thing about being a solo entrepreneur is you can't swivel your chair and talk about some irrelevant shit with your co-worker. WF fills that void – virtual social slacking with others in the same boat (much to be learned as well).

Still, when I start making enough to quit the day job, the social life will definately have to be pumped up a notch to make up for the lost social contact. Maybe I really DO "like people."
:rasta::music06:

This place is like a paid to post forum at the moment will be good to see how it fairs in the long haul.

Why is it like a paid to post forum?

Because of the sweet contests? Come on.

A-D said:
This place is like a paid to post forum at the moment will be good to see how it fairs in the long haul.

I havn't competed in any contests and thats not the reason I'm here but I still have an average of 10 posts a day, and I know there are another few hundred members like me.

Why is it like a paid to post forum? Because at the end of the day people are getting paid to post, it's just wrapped up in a contest ;) No, A-D has a fair point. I don't think he's saying it's a bad thing. There's some great content coming out of the contests. But as he says, it'll be interesting to see what happens in the long run, don't you think?

Chromate said:
Why is it like a paid to post forum? Because at the end of the day people are getting paid to post, it's just wrapped up in a contest ;) No, A-D has a fair point. I don't think he's saying it's a bad thing. There's some great content coming out of the contests. But as he says, it'll be interesting to see what happens in the long run, don't you think?

I see his point but don't necessarily agree with it. But I do respect it. I can see why he thinks it's a paid to post type deal, but there will always be contests running on this forum because it just makes things all the more fun. Which is one of the original goals of the site to begin with, make a fun community to be apart of. Contests definitely do make things fun and you know it yourself. So if I can mix something fun with something that only enhances the community's content then I make it fun and educational at the same time. Kinda like Comedy Central meets the Discovery Channel. :playboy_sml:

Chromate said:
But as he says, it'll be interesting to see what happens in the long run, don't you think?

I'll be the first to tell you one of the things that can happen - you start posting because of the contests and, in the process, learn that the vibe is good and the forum is a great place to stick around.

How do I know ?! It happened to me ;)

MisterX said:
I'll be the first to tell you one of the things that can happen - you start posting because of the contests and, in the process, learn that the vibe is good and the forum is a great place to stick around.

How do I know ?! It happened to me ;)
Thats true and is most likely what people will do.

I started postin before i found out there was a contest, automatically being in the top 10 was just a bonus :p

It's becoming really difficult to get out of the WF mindframe and attitude when visiting other forums, where I have to hold my tongue and sugarcoat everything... :angrysoapbox_sml:

I think what's unique about WF is everybody can be themselves, no more bullshit, just real people saying what they think. Sure there are other forums that are good but this is the place I like to hang my hat and call home.

Status
Not open for further replies.