Why not your own AM offers instead of Adsense on your blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambo

Apr 12, 2008
So Ive been getting my feet wet in Wordpress and am ready to start driving traffic and monetizing. Judging from the boards, it seems that most people just put Adsense ads on their blogs to monetize from PPC. Why don't people just link their AM offers if its related to the site content? Is it less profitable?

Also, does anyone know of a good resource to learn how to get your own adsense or banners of your offers running on your blog? Is it usually a widget added or do you have to find code and manually insert it? (thats right, I said insert and it felt gooooooooood)

Because most people go to blogs for free info, and they don't want to buy a shitty ebook.

Although it does work alright for some, depending on the niche. Adsense is quick and easy. Set it and forget it.

As for the code... adsense provides you with it... AM offers... the affiliate should provide you with it... Kind of a dumb question.

depends on how you're getting traffic

if you're getting targetted traffic from the search network, affiliate offers are better

if you're getting more general traffic, adsense is better

Thanks. I wasn't thinking ebook offers specifically, but maybe AM links to related merchants with a discount code listed.

Depends on the niche. Any niche with good aff offers I'd recommend at least try them out. I have one site in a small niche that makes about 50x as much from affiliate offers than from adsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.