Why is Selling Domains so Difficult?

jdprgm

May 19, 2008
Maybe I have just failed to find the right site. Does anyone know of a very simple site that had enough exposure but isn't overloaded with thousands and thousands of domains for sale and doesn't charge any sort of membership fee?

I have this domain rafflefox.com and it will expire shortly but I don't really want to renew so I figured I would look into if I could easily sell it. I checked out sedo and signed up for the free thing to list it but that doesn't look real promising. Checked out dnforum but they want me to sign up for a yearly subscription just to fucking list it. Obviously not worth it if I am just trying to get a small amount of money for it.

Where is a simple site where you can easily list a domain and have the site manage the sale or auction and take like 2-5% and actually expect to get a couple bids on it pretty quickly?

I've had some success selling at Flippa.com, but there are definitely lots of people using the site.

Also, they have a fee...

If you have great names at great prices, they will sell if listed at sedo, afternic, namepros, dnforum, or even ebay. If you have junky names, you'll struggle to sell them anywhere.

I would go the ebay way. That way you can list it for free or .40 cents if you choose the 10 day listing. This way you can kind of gauge the interest in the name. if it does not reach the price you want do not sell. I have noticed on ebay the bidding really heats up on the last two days of the acution.

I sold many domains on Flippa, i reccomend!

But sometimes it is difficult because finding new domains that have the same value as the one you are trying to sell it is more cheaper.

Some good sites were listed above, but to be honest, if you have a little time, you should make a website and get some backlinks/a good SERP ranking and sell it on Flippa, site flipping is way more successful than domain flipping IMHO. And what ever you do, stay away from DigitalPoint. That place is full of cheap assholes.

Try Bido.com especially with .de extension.

Btw,
How much sales you get from Flippa.com?
Thinking to sell one of my domain there.

Your domain is over branded and hard to sell on a common marketplace because missing the keywords-rich thing. Try to find firms or professionals with Raffle in the name (linkedin and directories are good places to start) and arrange a deal in this way.

Flippa is good. But why not build a simple website and sell it while mentioning how great of a domain it really is. You might even get more money for it and it only takes you a few hours to pull it off.

it is always harder to sell than buy :) that goes for anything ... so think twice before you buy and you won't have troubles to sell later ;)