Who the fucks selling handicap people phones?

Dresden14

Haters gonna H88
Sep 24, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
1.jpg

So like... I'm on the phone alot in my line of business and these handicap people keep calling in. I managed to do an enrollment yesterday while taking one of these calls and made up this picture while going through this conversation. I (the bottom left) was talking to some chick (up on top) which was making hand signals to someone (on the bottom right).

1. These people are "deaf", so why cant they just communicate with my people via email as opposed to making face/hand signals through a camera to someone on tv?

2. Who's selling these people these phones?

3. Are any of you bastards ranking my site for handicap keywords? I'm getting alot of these...

>:-=)

All pissy. Ok back to work. Just thought I'd vent.

/rofl

Sounds like a TTY system, amirite? The intermediaries are volunteers, IIRC. They're typing back and forth with the deaf person.

The elderly deaf still use this system a lot.

EDIT:

63053838.jpg

There is a large untapped market for selling handicapped/deaf people phones. You're all missing a fantastic opportunity.

I'm so confused. How are they making hand/face signals to someone through a tv and talking to you at the same time, wuuuuuuuuuuuuut

most of them dont work like that in modern day ^ called a relay operator.

vid of kids abusing it for prank calling

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXfGJghh1GM"]Sprint Relay Operators Will Say Anything - YouTube[/ame]

So they use one of those devices, it connects through the Internet to Dresden. There is some random person listening in on the call and typing what Dresden says into their TTY phone for the deaf person to read it?

internet/tty device -> relay operator -> Dresden

They type what they want operator to say to Dresden and the operator reads it to Dresden
Then Operator types back to them what Dresden says in text format

God Dresden, you're a dumb fuck. Its sign language, not hand signals. Why should they have to use email when everyone else gets to call in?

The tty system is what used to be used, but its pretty old school. What you experienced was a video relay system (VRS), and its a multi-billion dollar industry. The government pays video relay call centers on a per minute basis to interpret for the deaf, who then call and annoy your dumb ass over the phone.

419ers use it a lot to try to hide their accents, especially to brick-and-mortars. First time you see 'shipping company' hang that shit up.

lololololol and no this wasnt a typing deal, when i would say something they would do the hand dance in front of a camera to the person, which would then do hand signals back and the interpreter would relay the msg. very weird.