where to get images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mason

Aug 13, 2006
I found a niche that I'm interested in, but have no idea where to get the images to create a site with.

it's a certain product and the only images are from the people who make it. Can I use these images and simply give them credit?

Normally you can never use an image without the owners permission rather you give credit or not.

I'll bet you can strike up a deal with an image owner, ask them for use of their image, with the understanding you would give them credit.

But, you really do need to ask first.

mason said:
I found a niche that I'm interested in, but have no idea where to get the images to create a site with.

it's a certain product and the only images are from the people who make it. Can I use these images and simply give them credit?

Are you promoting their product? If so, then most likely they will be happy to give you permission to use their image. When in doubt ask. There have been many times that I have used copyrighted content with full permission after simply asking. Now, if you're not promoting their product, they may take issue, hard to say.

yes i'm promoting the product in a way, but there are many distributors/producers that I want on the site.

actually to be honest, it's just an info site. I'm basically going to talk about the product and needed some pics. me saying you can get this "thing" from "this" site is all the promotion i'm really giving them.

well, it's simple: send them an email asking them and explaining the situation. I don't think they'll be against it...

I usually email people before asking, and if they dont answer, I use them and stick a llink up. 9 times out of 10 they're not going to complain...and the worst youre going to have to do is remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.