Where do you get your VA's (Virtual Assistants) from?

pacman0r

Powered by Redbull
Dec 11, 2007
Toronto
www.academicads.ca
Odesk? DP? Getafreelancer? Here? Other?

Looking for a non-flakey VA, cant seem to find one for a decent rate that is dependable. Maybe I'm just getting what I pay for.. but theres bound to be some mildly capable VA's out there who can handle my mundane data entry/link building tasks.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction I'm all ears.

I have had good success with Odesk. With the rating system you can find some quality people on the cheap. Only go with VA's that have or have close to a perfect feedback rating.

I have tried a few VAs from Odesk, but managing them was too much hassle. You are better off having "software that does all that".

I always found the Philippines had the easiest people to work with whenever I have outsourced. The Indians I have found are much harder to get a hold of and work in groups where your point of contact gets passed around.

Odesk is good but you really need to screen the VA's. As mentioned, do a search for only 5 star VA's with over 100 hours billed, and who have recent activity.

Reactions: sgtryan
I found great VAs on rentacoder, but really, what matters is how you train them and to be very specific on what needs to get done and how long each task takes to get done. I do videos explaining every single step and I time myself on the video to show how long a task should take at a beginner level. They should, with time, improve that timing, and that's what's expected. That way there are no surprises or money wasted.