Where can i get a US Bank account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloAll

Custom User Title
Apr 10, 2009
Im in need of a Legit Us bank account to confirm my paypal, money bookers and liberty reserve accounts. Anyone where i could get one?

I'm assuming you're outside the US, so you would need to incorporate a company in the US and then use it to open an account but that can get a little expensive. It would cost you about $1,500 - $2,000 for everything.

What do you mean by confirm? Is it to validate your account?
If you want to validate your account, just using a credit card or payoneer

I live in outside US too

I need a US paypal for my buisness so i need a legit us bank account just to vertify my account

I did some brief research a while ago regarding opening a US bank account overseas and apparently it's impossible now because of money laundering laws. They have something called "know your customer" which means they have to meet you in person. You can't get someone else to open an account for you.

If you fly there, I'm sure you could get everything sorted out in under a week. If you find a way of doing it over the internet, I'd let me know how.

U.S bank account why ? when you can get your PayPal account confirmed with any credit cards & even then if you have some problems then give them a call !

I don't understand why you need a US account for Paypal, etc.?
There are some countries (like Argentina for example) where you can't get a paypal acct unless u have a US bank. I looked in to it a while back for an Argentinian girl, bascially you can either incorporate or there are a couple of banks in Miami that are supposed to be receptive to foreigners opening there (at least in 2007). But you would still have to go to the US to physically open it.

I did some brief research a while ago regarding opening a US bank account overseas and apparently it's impossible now because of money laundering laws. They have something called "know your customer" which means they have to meet you in person. You can't get someone else to open an account for you.

If you fly there, I'm sure you could get everything sorted out in under a week. If you find a way of doing it over the internet, I'd let me know how.

It's certainly different as I'm a US citizen and live here but I've opened a number of bank accounts and done it only online including just in February of this year. So there is certainly no law that requires anyone that opens an account to meet them in person. But that's just when you have an address and social security number to give them.

I am outside US and I have a Paypal account. I used my VISA credit card to apply, and I don't think you need a US bank account for that. All you need is a credit card for verification. I hope this helps.

It's certainly different as I'm a US citizen and live here but I've opened a number of bank accounts and done it only online including just in February of this year
yes it certainly is different for US citizens.

So there is certainly no law that requires anyone that opens an account to meet them in person. But that's just when you have an address and social security number to give them.
yes there is no law to meet in person (for US Citizens with federal tax id or ss#). I'm assuming OP doesn't have those or wouldn't have asked.

I'm from a country where you can use paypal only to pay for stuff but can not recieve any funds on your account. Paypal has limited many countries this way as a way of precaution.

That's why I use international payment processor like 2co. This way I can recieve paypal money without any problems. What's even better, I don't need a paypal account at all.

Most (if not all) of your prepaid debit cards are linked to an ABA routing number and bank account. Anything that lets you do direct deposit to it will provide the acct numbers that you can use, but a lot of them will also require you to be verified with a #SSN or something govt-issued before you can use it for online banking stuff.

You could try opening a brokerage account with E*Trade. It looks just like a checking acct on paper, complete with routing number and everything. Not sure what E*Trade's policy is on international customers though. But I would imagine they might be a bit more relaxed for brokerage accounts vs checking accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.