When would you consider hiring outsourcers

xpathfucker

Jun 17, 2011
None!!!
So lets say you have a couple of people that are really hard working bees. Also considerer their work to be top notch. You pay them as outsource work comes along.

When would you consider giving them a "real" job?

After work volume/pay hits a certain mark?

Would you hire them just to avoid competition getting there first?

Or would just keep them doing freelance stuff nor creating an employer/boss connection?

Discuss.

Here's some tits for your trouble

tumblr_m9ovfohRiY1rv0q7jo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mf7a6zHEEZ1qk2vvro1_500.jpg

tumblr_mdiwl7eiXS1rpdw2so1_500.jpg

tumblr_mfddobyszK1qbhsq8o1_500.jpg

Depends. How much do they want monthly?

Is the work you have for them on a monthly basis cover 200% of their salary? (Usually, you want to keep $50 of every $100 they make for profit, administration, overhead etc.)

If so, try to negotiate a 'full time' rate with them which sometimes is lower since they ALWAYS will have money coming in. Make sure to STILL pay above average if they are THAT good.

Are you comfortable that they would do good as 'salaried' employee and not slack off? Sometimes folks in those situations get comfortable and produce less.

One more thing, they are already making almost 150% the salary of a regularly employed person and producing a fair amount of work.

@Gertex thanks for the tips

I would consider giving them a half salary/half commission deal. This will keep your overheads down in times where it's harder to find jobs and will keep them motivated to produce good work. This will also mean that they are "guaranteed" a certain amount of money per week, which they will appreciate.

The problem with giving them a straight salary is when the work stops coming in steadily, you have a lot of expenses you can't cut very easily. You can't fire people for a week and rehire them when you get another job. Think of the real estate industry, they moved away from a full time job to a strictly commission based job.

Are they local and are they showing up to the office everyday? If they were salaried would you be able to get them to do that and would there be an advantage of having them showing up to work everyday?

How would the pay change if you were to salary them?

I would only consider hiring as an "employee" if they are in my physical office. Where I can watch them.

Besides, it's just better hiring contractors, less liability, taxes, etc.

I would only consider hiring as an "employee" if they are in my physical office. Where I can watch them.

Besides, it's just better hiring contractors, less liability, taxes, etc.

I agree with this. It's so much better if you can keep an eye on them at the office.

As far as taxes go however, you can still keep salaried employees as 1099 contractors for a long time

I'm with skank (really, skank for a nick?). Depends what type of work they're doing, but if it's possible, base salary + commission.

Speaking about this, do any of you guys bring on salaried people remotely, and give things like vacation time? I think general rule is 2 or 3 days for every month worked, right? Say 2 days fr a remote job, so if they work a full year, that means 24 days of paid vacation time, or they can just get paid out for it and continue working.

Or anyone do profit sharing with remote employees? Don't have to give them equity, but for example, a bonus every year or quarter for 1% of the profit. Company profits $200k in a year, they get an extra $2000/year. Not too bad.

Anyone do this type of things with remote employees? Or only local employees, because the law forces you to?

Seems like you'd get more stability, plus better people on board, since you'd separate yourself from the idiots who want high quality, efficient, timely work at $3/hour.