When to ditch a site?

john-e-cash

The paper chaser
Dec 14, 2011
I've got an emd that i set up real quick a few months ago. I literally put up a home page and another couple pages then forgot about it until now. I've checked on Google and not surprisingly its nowhere to be seen. Its so far down google i'm wondering is it worth trying to bring the site back to life.

So is it possible to get some life back into the site or has it been left too long?

Similar thing happened to me though, tried to get it back ranking but it's nowhere to be seen. From pos 3 to nowhere. Give it a try but don't expect anything (you might get a pleasant surprise, eh)

CCarter makes a good point, with my site it was really only Google that could provide the kind of traffic that would be needed to make it profitable, but if your website can get traffic from other sources, try them out.

Just because one traffic source cannot be harvested doesn't mean it's not worth trying others. Google isn't the internet. The top websites of the internet don't rely on one traffic source, neither should you.
+1 for this
You also got Facebook PPC, Bing PPC + SE traffic, Yahoo PPC + SE traffic, Pinterest, Twitter, google some Pay to be advertised, competitors ad listings, Backlinks with traffic like Ezine articles and a lot more!

If you are thinking that google is "free traffic" then think again. Before you reach that top 1 spot you need to spend a whole lot of funds, a whole lot of trial and error, a whole lot of update shit. For me google is the most expensive type of traffic as you really need to spend funds/effort and you'll never know when that stupid penguin will pee on your site