What's the equation??

m0rtal

King of the Jungle
Jul 3, 2007
Toronto
Ok I know the answer to this and I know why the answer makes sense but I knew the answer before I was asked the question and I don't know how you get there without already knowing the answer lol. Is it possible to come up with an equation that gets you the answer or is it just logic and you keep trying different numbers? /me feels retarted

Question: If a bottle of orange juice sells for $1.00, and the juice itself is worth 90cents more than the bottle, what is the value of the bottle?

J - Juice = ( B + 90 )
B - Bottle

$1.00 = ( B + 90 ) + B

$1.00 - 90 = .10c

.10c = 2B

.05 = B

Thank you, what a headache that was lol

See first thing you think is it's 10 cents but then if it's 10 cents and the juice is 90 cents more that makes the juice $1 + 0.10 (bottle) = bottle + juice = $1.10.

If bottle is 5 cents and juice is 90 cents more your juice = 95 cents and bottle = 5 cents and you get your $1.

Thanks for the equation!

Thank you, what a headache that was lol

See first thing you think is it's 10 cents but then if it's 10 cents and the juice is 90 cents more that makes the juice $1 + 0.10 (bottle) = bottle + juice = $1.10.

If bottle is 5 cents and juice is 90 cents more your juice = 95 cents and bottle = 5 cents and you get your $1.

Thanks for the equation!

Currently failing calc but this is right up my ally :updown:

Ok I know the answer to this and I know why the answer makes sense but I knew the answer before I was asked the question and I don't know how you get there without already knowing the answer lol. Is it possible to come up with an equation that gets you the answer or is it just logic and you keep trying different numbers? /me feels retarted

Question: If a bottle of orange juice sells for $1.00, and the juice itself is worth 90cents more than the bottle, what is the value of the bottle?

What brand?