What's the best media player and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I use iTunes on a mac for listening to my music, I use VLC or Quicktime for movies.

VLC for any type of video. It plays just about any media format out there without hassle. No more trouble with missing codecs and shit.

Winamp for any type of audio.

EDIT: VLC will actually even play incomplete video files AND play files that are still compressed in archives(!) You can also drag and drop a DVD image file like a .BIN or .ISO over to the player an it will treat it like a DVD/VCD with menus and everything :)

By the way, does anyone know why VLC pauses for about 5 seconds every 5 minutes in a movie clip? It fucking pisses me off which is why I never use it. And yes, I always have the latest codecs...

By the way, does anyone know why VLC pauses for about 5 seconds every 5 minutes in a movie clip? It fucking pisses me off which is why I never use it. And yes, I always have the latest codecs...
Ummm never does that for me

I dont have time for videos. I only have time for writing content and SEOing blogs. :D

As for MP3s, Winamp works for me. Ive spent way too much time looking into this. I liked Musicmatch alot for its tree structure view but it didnt have an API so there were no plugins so it sucked. And I moved on.

I've got VLC and used to love it. Lately though it doesn't play videos for shit. It'll play the audio, but not the video. I think I need to upgrade, just been lazy.

I used both VLC and MPC (medial player classic) and they're both excellent in terms of codecs - however MPC has much better controls and features.

Status
Not open for further replies.