What's The Best Keyword Tool For This Situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjb1891

Mar 12, 2007
OK, most of you know that Google has said that about 20-30% of their searches everyday are brand new search queries that they've never had before. So, that got me to wondering which keyword tool has the absolutely most up to date data to find new keywords before the competition does?

Your brain. Brand new queries by definition won't be in any keyword tool.

Yup thats how it is. And if you're worried about keyword tools and competition, trust me, your competition is probably using the same keyword tool.

Best bet is to look whats going on in the news or whats new in the world (all around) and see for yourself if its profitable.

OK, let me simplify the question then. What keyword tool has the most up to date data?

My fault I guess I wasn't specific enough. Lets say, for example, there's a brand new product that is going to be released in the not too distant future that you know is going to be a big seller and you want to get in on it's marketing as early as possible. Now, since it's going to be brand new you're not going to find much if any keyword data for it in any of the tools, but you want to find the keywords as soon as people start using them when searching for the item. What tool would be the best one to use to find those keywords as early as possible?

I know Google's tool wouldn't be that great for that type of situation because they only update their data once a month at the beginning of the month. What keyword tool updates their data the most often?

My fault I guess I wasn't specific enough. Lets say, for example, there's a brand new product that is going to be released in the not too distant future that you know is going to be a big seller and you want to get in on it's marketing as early as possible. Now, since it's going to be brand new you're not going to find much if any keyword data for it in any of the tools, but you want to find the keywords as soon as people start using them when searching for the item. What tool would be the best one to use to find those keywords as early as possible?

I know Google's tool wouldn't be that great for that type of situation because they only update their data once a month at the beginning of the month. What keyword tool updates their data the most often?

Google Trends: Jun 8, 2008
Updated 32 Minutes Ago

broad match of the name of the product, misspellings and variations such as "brandname" or "brand name model number" etc.. would be enough. If you're not getting any searches on the name of the product then any other keywords are not going to help.

You could also use a keyword tool to find keywords to a similiar product and then just substitute the brand name. Example: If Nintendo Wii wasn't released yet and you were waiting for it to be released and Xbox 360 has been released then get all the keywords people are using to search for X-Box 360 and just change xbox 360 to nintendo wii. You're going to get the same keywords, "xbox release date", "xbox games", etc.etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.