Whats Really behind a Parking Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterboi

Secret Lovers?
Nov 15, 2006
Vancouver,BC
Hey guys kinda wierd question, friday night and bored, so i belong to a couple parking sites, i was wondering what the hell is behind these sites, i know they either use google or yahoo to feed the sites, or a combination of both.

Are these companies getting any kind of a break on ad's or a bigger portion than lets say a adsense account, or are they basically just a giant adsense account.

Last but not least, why doesn't anyone just start a Parking site?

Weird thoughts hopefully someone out there has some answers
:rasta:

I would not suggest Google Parking unless you have a totally rocking portfolio and even then I'd be careful. I was just talking about this over dinner the other day and my thought is that i don't want Google to know all the domains I have and then let them decide if they want to park with me or not. If they don't roll with you, guess what they now know ALL of your domains and ALL of your info. Not a good idea, at least to me. I figure if Google wants me to park with them they'll contact me or they'll let me park what I want.

Plus before they even get to see, they'd have to tell me what % we're looking at before I even consider moving anything

I agree, Lee and wouldn't do it either. Just answering a question there. I'd rather put my domains to good use.

If somone has a few idle domains and wanted to pick up a buck or two, I'd suggest a place like sedo but it's not a wealth building business model.

I agree, Lee and wouldn't do it either. Just answering a question there. I'd rather put my domains to good use.

If somone has a few idle domains and wanted to pick up a buck or two, I'd suggest a place like sedo but it's not a wealth building business model.

My domains are at Sedo too - but it's shit really. Some of them are getting a bit of type-in traffic and converting really badly. I'm planning on moving them - trying out a few just with the full page AuctionAds thing as mentioned on another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.