What traffic sources to test for an ADHD offer?

Delta223

Aug 14, 2009
Hi, I'm running an ADHD offer (self-created) and Facebook traffic hasn't been too responsive to it. I tried about 5 sites on BuySellAds and the cost per lead there was also too high.

I'm trying to think what would be a good place to get paid traffic that would respond well to my offer. Any ideas?

Im not really sure what the offer is and tbh dont have experience with such an offer, but I think Facebook is THE source for it. Try to sharpen your targeting. Maybe target mothers, young mothers, kindergaten...

Other than that, I would imagine search traffic can also work.

Targeting your target audience and your desired target countries can really help your earn traffics from your target consumers.

Try making transactions or launching your campaign with Bluagile.com if you have a small-medium budget for your campaign. I have good traffics and offers managed and self serve campaigns.

On early testing it was pretty clear that moms were the best responders. 30-35 years old + interest targeting for ADHD type interests got the best response and opt-in rate.

Higher education helped CTR and CR. But the raised CPM cost wasn't worth it so I took that filter off.

The problem with Facebook traffic is that people coming from that source aren`t willing to buy stuff, they are just browsing. Maybe it would be a good idea to try a PPC campaign from Google and see how that works. (you would be targeting exactly the people that are searching for your niche, people that have an intent to buy)
One more thing, from my experience, targeting higher education people is costly in any other niche so you did good disabling that filter.

PS: Tell us exactly what are your CTR and CR, maybe you think that they are low and in reality that is what it`s normal for your niche

While I agree search is good for people looking to buy something, sharp specific targeting in Facebook can get you quality traffic of buyers as well.

In this case, it was clear to me that mothers will be very responsive to this niche, and if you manage to target those who have shown interest in the matter and are engaged in groups that relate - with good creatives and good CTA you will get them to buy.

* That is if the product is appealing enough of course.

Thanks. As for numbers so far, I've had CTRs as low as 1% and as high as 11% for re-targeted traffic. My highest CTR for non-retargeted traffic was about 7.5%. This is for desktop newsfeed ads only.

Here's the interesting thing: the cost per lead changed only slightly. In this case a lead is a simple email address opt-in (which is on the lander). Early on when my ads were converting at 2 to 3%, the opt in page was converting at 40%. As I raised the CTR, the opt in page conversion rate fell by a proportional amount. The cost per lead was in the one dollar to two dollar range (the main reason for the variance was ad fatigue).

Google Adwords: Golly I wish I could. Have you guys seen PPC costs in health/medical lately? Tough to do well when you're shooting for a cost per lead of one dollar or less and you're paying five dollars or more per click!

I think I need to get off the beaten path (Google and Facebook) to get some good affordable traffic.

Adwords is extremely pricey now for most common niches.
Bing is also getting to the same point.

Maybe you should try Yahoo Gemini as it is getting popular.