What Kind of Site is This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

revlimiter

$333.33/day is my goal!
http://www.seosmarticlecomposer.com/index-special.html

I'm seeing quite a few of these sites, maybe because I am subscribed to annoying newsletters that I should unsubscribe from hehe

They are usually quite ugly to look at, with "Microsoft Word" formatting, all on one long freaking page.. lol

Just wondering what these types of sites are called, if anything? So that I can put a name to them in the future. :)

Thanks!

What You Need To UNDERSTAND: In our initial micro-test, long copy outperformed short copy by 40.54%. Click-through traffic sent to the short copy page was unprofitable (-14% ROI), while traffic sent to the long copy page produced an ROI of 21%.
Interesting... So these sites seem to work. Surprising, really. I always get turned off by the fact that they look like spam pages and feel very 'gimmicky' and unprofessional. But apparently they work, so that's good to know. Jon, do you use these "Long Copy Sales Page" sites or do you refuse to use them? haha

revlimiter said:
Interesting... So these sites seem to work. Surprising, really. I always get turned off by the fact that they look like spam pages and feel very 'gimmicky' and unprofessional. But apparently they work, so that's good to know. Jon, do you use these "Long Copy Sales Page" sites or do you refuse to use them? haha

Yeah right.. I've never written or promoted one of those annoying pages in my entire career as an internet marketer.

revlimiter said:

If you look at their examples of that Article Composer app you can see why the CTR is pretty high. I wouldn't use that design on any site of my, it's much too shitty.

Yeah I bought the xsitpro program , havent really used it but the majority of the templates are the sales ad style templates. I dont like the way they look either, but hell if they would convert into cash then I may be game. Cash is king:)

Long copy does work. Though i haven't used it myself.

I have a friend who works in the mass mailing industry and he swears by it.

But, it doesn't work on most types of products.

If i am going to buy insurance, long copy is the way to go.

If i want cherry pie filling, a recipe is a much better tactic.

Honestly, i have bought from long copy pages. And quite frankly i have left sites where i wanted the product but wasn't convinced of it because of lack of content.

One of the concepts behind the style is that if you are going to leave the site, go ahead, but, if there is an incling of a chance that you might buy, give enough testimonials and build the value until the person doesn't have a reason to not buy.

There are many professionals who will defend both techniques.

The beautiful part about the internet is taht you can do both relatively cheaply and have the potential of gathering each type of cutsomer!

Status
Not open for further replies.