What kind of hosting would I need?

Zos0r

Oct 15, 2009
If I'm sending traffic to an ecommerce site and plan on scaling my traffic, what factors do I need to consider when looking for a host? SQL queries? Hits per hour? Liquid web rep said that the "density of the traffic" would be an important thing to consider.

Also, somewhat unrelated, but how valid is a concern of DDOS attack from competitors?

Re: DDoS, it can be, depends on the niche. LW does not have ddos mitigation, they will put you behind a firewall and nullroute. True ddos mitigation requires more, typically a hardware appliance. My firm used Riorey and seems to work for 99% of the ddos attacks our clients get. There are the occasional HUGE ones that we just can't help.

ok if you use a secure reliable host DDOS should be of little concern if hosting is setup correctly. of course there are occasions where you need a helping hand... I would look at the amount of traffic, sql queries and load on the box. if you are getting alot of traffic hopefully you are getting alot of conversions. this also means you should be able to pay for reliable and affordable hosting... I would even consider dedicated if the income can justify it.