What do you get from helping other IM-ers?

Shari

Mar 24, 2012
RP
Just have to ask this. With all the scams and scammers online, I am curious what people here get from helping out IM newbies like me. I am aware how fierce the competition is in online marketing so why help, right? How do I distinguish the sincere ones from the fake Samaritan?

I don't know about others with experience, but when I have to rewind my brain back to the basics to help someone just starting out I usually run across new things or get reminded of things I haven't thought about in a long time.

This in turn gives "ME" new ideas or reminds me of shit I haven't thought about in awhile.

So, I don't mind helping now & then since I too get something out of it.

Competition from a n00b? Please....there is SO MUCH business to be had out there. I'm 47 now and would most likely be DEAD before the n00bs coming into WF would ever cause me financial grief.

As far as you being able to tell good advice from bad advice......being NEW you WON'T know the difference until you put the advice into action and see the real world results for yourself.

Then, in the future, look for the advice given from the users whose advice has proven out for you in the past.

P.S. You also never know who might be a good candidate for a JV partner down the road. So helping others could pay back 10 fold in time from that POV as well.

Because every advice given is based on current situation and what is trending now. People who really have the expertise(the ones you should be asking yourself why they are giving advises) stay ahead of the game. They are telling you what they are profiting from now, but they set it up months or years ago. Now they are setting up different things. Which you won't hear about. Until they hit the mainstream.

You never disappoint, Midas Touch. Just like your name-sake, whatever you "touches" really turns to GOLD :) Thanks for such wonderful insights. Being a newbie online is really confusing and overwhelming. I'm glad websites such as WF exists, for people who need guidance, like me. It's an added bonus to meet people like you who sincerely want to help. As always, advice noted.

Midas Touch has it correct. The market is so huge, that I doubt I every run into an IM in most of my niches that has a shred of knowledge. It fun though, getting into a niche with competition, because it helps you home your skills and try new things that you can take to other niches and take over. Without this forum, it would be weeks before I found out some of the info I know now, that I need to start adjusting for in the future.

I couldn't have agreed more with Midas Touch. Also, it's nice to see that despite the challenges that the IM industry is always facing [given the constant updates of Google], there are still people willing to try.

its all about giving and taking points, you might have heard of "do good and have good", this thing works this way :costumed-smiley-013

Ego, or a sense of "if other people do what I'm doing, then I'll feel less bad about doing it".

this usually happends, when someone got experience they like to share it with newbiews and other people, good thing :note: