What are the tips to get more traffic to my website?

Make a robots.txt and drop it in your root directory.

It basically tells the search engines to scan every directory ( / ) on your website every week. The search engines will open your robots.txt and know exactly what to do when it finds new pages it didnt know about before. When it finds a new page, it gives it a SERP Boost of around +50 which tells the search engines to rank it higher. I recently added this exact robots.txt to a website of mine that was getting around 4,200 uniques a day. After adding it, my traffic increased to just under 7,000 uniques per day from all the extra traffic I started pulling from Google and Bing.

Code to put inside of your robots.txt:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /

Hope this helps!

Make a robots.txt and drop it in your root directory.

It basically tells the search engines to scan every directory ( / ) on your website every week. The search engines will open your robots.txt and know exactly what to do when it finds new pages it didnt know about before. When it finds a new page, it gives it a SERP Boost of around +50 which tells the search engines to rank it higher. I recently added this exact robots.txt to a website of mine that was getting around 4,200 uniques a day. After adding it, my traffic increased to just under 7,000 uniques per day from all the extra traffic I started pulling from Google and Bing.

Code to put inside of your robots.txt:

Hope this helps!

Why trollin in the n00b section? Shame on ya.

:arcadefreak:

One thing that I'd recommend is to also recycle your traffic. That is, begin list-building (asking your traffic to subscribe to a newsletter); and then, inviting them back to your site when you post new content or have something to share.

That tip might not be the first one you implement, but it's always good to have repeat traffic (and repeat customers), so it's something to implement as soon as you can.

OP, if you're still around, this was a lazy as fuck question. In the future, ask better questions. You'll get a lot more help around here that way.

That being said, this is the noob section, so I'll throw you a bone.

Read this thread: Traffic Leaks

If you can't drive traffic to your site with something you find in there, you're probably better off focusing your time on other pursuits.

Newsletters can be great, but don't expect many sign-ups without a virtuous bribe of some sort - and make sure that what you give in exchange for their email address is damn good. Doesn't have to be "move the free line" kind of stuff, but worksheets, cheatsheets and so forth that actually help them while creating fascination with you as a content provider will help you turn them into repeat traffic.

There are two ways PPC or SEO.

If you budget then go for PPC. But if you're like me then go for SEO and social media.

Tip is: Create a video each day related to your site and then upload it on your youtube, dailymotion, metacafe, vimeo and many other popular vidoe sites. This way you'll get highly targeted traffic.

The easiest way to get traffic is to purchase it. But you must choose realiable provider e.g. easyvistors or webtrafficgeeks to avoid any penalties.

If you can create some kind of quick, free content that could really help you if you combine it with the newsletter idea.

If you have an opt-in box on your website with some message like "Get my XYZ. Just sign up!", you can keep them on the mailing list and updated with your site so you can get repeat customers.

Then they tell someone they got free stuff from you, and word travels through the grape vine...

What are you doing for traffic generation now? That would be very good to know.

If you're not already using Pinterest and pinning the images on your site to relevant Pinterest boards, then you need to start doing that right away. Pinterest is a hot bed of traffic for some niches.

You can find real people there that are interested in your products. If you offer clothing or jewelry, pin those images to relevant boards and then get out there on Pinterest and find others who have followed similar boards. Add those people and once they follow you back, you will have real people looking at your pins.

That should result in a nice surge of traffic for your site.

Beyond that, Reddit might be a good source of traffic. Though you would actually have to be a real part of the Reddit community to pull that off.

You would have to invest time into the site, curate good content to share and actually contribute to conversations on site to make others really care about your own links.

Also, there is a risk with Reddit that you will post too much of your own content and get banned for spamming. So just keep it to a 90/10 ratio, only occasionally sharing your own content.

great content!

1. high ranking keywords
2. compelling posts / articles
3. interesting discussion

if you want to learn more on how to drive traffic to your website you can contact us at support@yourtraffichits.com

visit our website at YourTrafficHits - Targeted Traffic That Hits Your Goals
GI-TimeBomb.gif