What anchor text should i use when building links?

john-e-cash

The paper chaser
Dec 14, 2011
When buying niche links that point to my website should i have the anchor text as the keyword i want to target:

For example if the page i'm sending links to is: www.sportsclothes.com/tennisballs

Should i have the link i'm buying pointing to this page and have the anchor text as: Tennis Balls ?

Or should i not have the link anchor text the same as the keyword i'm targeting?

Hope that makes sense :1zhelp:

How many links are you looking at buying? If its just one the just use the anchor if not then you need to think about volumes and variations
probably a couple hundred spread over a few months

so what kind of ratio, out of the 200? Say i use the anchor text for 50, should the other 150 be other keywords that i'm trying to target or should it just be generic anchor text like: see here now|visit here|click here to find out more|?

Use Brand Name or Naked URL or Generic Term like mentioned in above post if you buying Guest Post or link, Use Main keyword only from good DA sites ( Ignore PR - they can be faked )

Think about how it would look if you got a completely natural link. If it's a link to your internal page that's selling Tennis Balls, the anchor would most likely be something like. Get super cheap tennis balls. Or buy cheap tennis balls. Check out this deal on blue tennis balls. This could be an in content link or just about anywhere really.

Now let's think about what links to your homepage would look like if they were completely natural. You're going to have anchors of your site name variation for starters. SportsClothes.com, Discount leg warmers @ sportsclothes.com, plus you'll have the click here, website, sports clothes, and all other kinds of variations. Even if I'm wanting an internal page to rank over my homepage, I still like to make sure I'm sending an equal amount of really good links to both the homepage, as well as the Tennis Balls page. And as long as you keep the anchors diverse across your entire site (along with link quality), you should keep yourself in the safe zone. There's nothing wrong with mixing in the keywords in your anchor text, but don't build 100 links that have the exact anchor "tennis balls". That will get you slapped harder than one of my bitches who's late with my money.

After penguin update, it is highly recommended to use keywords as follows while going for a link building package:-

1. Generic keyword - click here, visit us. - 12-16%

2. Branding - On brand name of company. - 12-16%

3. Naked URL - naked URL of your site.- 12-16%

4. Image/Video Link -5-7%

5.Real Money Keyword - 10-15%

6. Partial Match Keyword - 20-30%