what "allintitle" count would you consider easy?

cowsgonemad

Jun 11, 2010
Behind a proxy
hey guys

I was just doing keyword research to build adsense sites. can anyone tell me a rough estimate of what allintitle count would be "easy" to rank in top 3?
i know its the top 10 you have to look at, but i am running a list of few thousand keywords through an allintitle scraper and cant possibly look at each one closely. so i am going to use the allintitle measure to filter out some comparatively easier keywords and then analyze them further.

thanks

There really isn't a set amount. Logically, lower equals easier and higher amounts equal harder. However there's always deviations which is why you should take the time and evaluate on a more comprehensive basis. It may be more time consuming if you're doing it manually but it will help you get a better grasp of judging your comp.

There's a new competition analysis tool in the BST that's being released soon. Might be worth looking into if this is something you're struggling with.

I use <5000 as a general rule of thumb but a more accurate way of measuring SE competition is by looking at the BLP of the Top 10 results.