well designed arbi sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekon1

Aug 24, 2006
n00b....still....but slowly learning the ways.....

i've read that arbi site dont have to look pretty at all, their goal is to get them in..and get them out by clicking on an ad.

having a background as a web-designer, it sorta hurts to put out something so plain and boring looking, my question is, if an arbi site is designed well, to look like a 'real' website, as long as your ads 'blend' in....will this affect the performance of the arbi site?

do you think a visually eye pleasing arbi site will get more repeated click thrus until the user finally realizes that this site isn't getting them the info they wanted?

I dont think the key is that they look ugly and ppl want to click out. i think the ad units look better, more familiar and usable for the user and more relevant to what the user is looking for. thats why they click the ads. User dont want to think, they look at a site they land on and look for anything familiar that might answer their question.. its costs them less to click an ad and then click back than it does to read the whole ad and consider whether or not its what they want. I think the real key it to make the "content" less usable than the ads. Esthetics are used to direct and focus their atention. But as always .. thats just my opinion. You should test and see what you get out of it.

(1) Pick an arbi topic
(2) Make an ugly site
(3) Make an attractive site
(4) Use adwords to send traffic to each with the same exact PPC campaign
(5) See which generates better results

Then you'll have your own answer instead of relying on someone else's expert opinion.

(1) Pick an arbi topic
(2) Make an ugly site
(3) Make an attractive site
(4) Use adwords to send traffic to each with the same exact PPC campaign
(5) See which generates better results

Then you'll have your own answer instead of relying on someone else's expert opinion.

100% agreed. However I would "suggest" using 7search or something cheaper than adwords for testing an arbi site.

I quit driving traffic to the arbitrage sites I had/have up in that niche, moved on to other things.

Been busy building a new network of content sites around a different niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.