Webmaster Radio Cancels Net Income Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 21, 2006
New York City
Spoke to the big D over at WMR, and he confirmed it.

He was also kind enough to post about it, so here's the original source.

In a meeting today and after several discussions, a decision has been made that the Shoemoney Show on WebmasterRadio.FM is officially canceled. We here at WebmasterRadio.FM have enjoyed working with Jeremy Shoemaker and his cohorts in business online. He had a unique style about him that will always spark debate, which is one of the reasons we asked Jeremy to host a show with us.

As with others, personal & professional time constraints can weigh heavy sometimes on a show host to do the research and schedule their guests, etc…that sometimes its time to take a step back.

We appreciate Jeremy’s contribution, and remind all of our listeners, that you will be able to still listen to archived shows on-demand anytime you like.

Good luck to you Jeremy.

Now that has to be one of the softest termination posts I've ever seen.

Daron did say that they have asked some industry big wigs about taking over the show's slot, but won't have much more on that until sometime next week or when a plan is finalized. The show is currently in a premium time slot, and I'm sure they'll do some switching around for a temporary spot until a new show is decided.

Even so, I'm neutral on this. I don't care much, but at the same time, I feel for WMR because it was one of their bigger attractions. But hey, maybe it will be replaced by something better and more entertaining?

I hope to see the whole WebmasterRadio crew at the Affiliate Summit East 2008 show in Boston this August as usual. They are good people!

When I first heard his show last year I got the real feeling of how long will this last? He was on hiatus and then tried to come back but his shows were odd, linkbait, and usually involved guests that Jeremy did not seem to be ready to interview.

But WMR is not much better. The downloads lately have not been working. I get a 5k mp3 that is empty for all of the last few days shows, they tried to go to an all pay method, and often their database crashs the whole site and even the front page wont load.

Lots of work needs to be done. But I hope them the best of luck. Anytime I have PMd them they seem like great people.

Status
Not open for further replies.