webhostingproviders.com

TigerUK

Banned
Aug 23, 2008
I'm looking for a domain name like the above but on a different verticle. It's an exact match keyword for a similar niche, broad spanning category keyword. I would imagine people who are searching are looking for some sort of review site to find a range of providers listed with reviews, to help them make their decision to buy.

So it's a buying keyword. It's three words though.

How much would you value this domain?

I made a bid for $200, which I think is a fair price, however I think whoever has posession of that domain obviously is in the business of holding onto domains and then selling them on for profit. So I'm not sure if they would be happy with $200. My gut feeling is that they're happy to hold onto it for years and years, until someone decides that they really want the domain and forks out $1000+ for it.

But really I have no clue about this and would love to know what you guys think is a fair price for this.

Well like you said, its a buying keyword ( of which you're right). Probably one of the few exceptions of a 3-word domain that can be tagged around 4 figures. SEO-wise, it'll target both 700+ and 200+ seaches per day ( "webhosting providerS" and "webhosting provider" ) with only around 300+ competing pages..) If i owned this domain, I wouldn't sell it to you for $200 only...no way, jose :)

Last edited:
Just advice.. for a domain like that.. the last place i would post is a web master forum. Guys will snap that domain so fast you wouldnt beleive it ;)

Hit a domain forum instead. Hehe.

damn this is way out of my budget right now..

I've already registered the domain, hypotentically speaking

bestwebhostingproviders.com

And it's already ranking, page 7 now, less than a month since I started seo, so it's going to get better and better and go all the way to the top.

The sole intenton to rank for the keyword web hosting providers [again.. hypotentical example] which market samurai estimates has 900 search queries a day, and SEOT of ~350 [the traffic I'll get for ranking #1].

My main and only reason is to have the exact match domain, however I can get to #1 without it, but my current domain is a bit of a mouthful, althugh I don't expect repeat visitors [purly MFA site], it would be nice to know that if visitors did want to return they would know the domain to type into.

I will see if the owner agrees to the domain purcahse he probably won't. But I don't need it badly enough to spend $1000 on it, and I can rank without it.

@nmwando you obviously didn't read the post, it's not the domain I'm after, but it's a similar domain on a different niche altogether. So peeps aren't going to find out about my keywords or domains I'm after or anything.

TigerUK - I like the name you selected. The singular provider shows [best web hosting provider] a higher count but it's 8-years old. I do like the one you went with.

Sidenote: not related to your post but on the name you don't want. That is a sweet name. The google exact word tool has changed recently, even so some solid local exact word match. You can always tell it's popular when every tld and every low-level domain extension is taken. The domain is 8-years old. I would pay $2000 for it if they would sell it at that price.

[best web hosting providers] 320 Google Local Exact word match
[web hosting providers] 1,900 Google Local Exact word match
[web hosting provider] 2,900 Google Local Exact word match