Web hosting affiliates?

chatmasta

Jan 7, 2007
NYC
Has anybody ever sent leads to hosting companies? Specifically I have a good idea of how to send a bunch to Hostgator, where they pay up to $80 per. But I'm worried about the lack of a middleman. I've never dealth with these guys - are they notorious for scrubbing? Nonpayment? Unreliable payment?

I'd love to hear some experiences.

They don't scrub at all. Scrubbing really only exists within the CPA side of things. Payments always made on time for me.

Damn...just found out at hostgator your first payment comes 60 days after your first commission. i.e. lead in January gets you paid first week of March. Now THAT sucks. Talk about a killer for cash flow. This idea I have definitely has potential but I need to get better cash flow first...

Stay away from hostgator. Those bastards still owe me thousands from a few years back. I always had good success with Lunarpages. They might pay less, but they pay.

Damn...just found out at hostgator your first payment comes 60 days after your first commission. i.e. lead in January gets you paid first week of March. Now THAT sucks. Talk about a killer for cash flow. This idea I have definitely has potential but I need to get better cash flow first...
Hosting offers from CJ seem to pay more, and they pay 20 days after the end of the month that you made the commission in. There's a LOT of fraud in the hosting industry, so expect commission reversals.