Web-Design Mockup Software

There are a lot of options and choices. Personally i like macromedia programs like illustrator and photoshop. They are not cheap, but I'd say it's worth the investment.

There are a lot of options and choices. Personally i like macromedia programs like illustrator and photoshop. They are not cheap, but I'd say it's worth the investment.

Macromedia no longer exists, it was bought out by Adobe a few years ago. Macromedia never made Illustrator or Photoshop though, those have always been Adobe products.

I use Illustrator and Photoshop for just about everything.

I use a (former) macromedia product called Fireworks. Basically because I prefer it above Photoshop and because after using it for years I'm able to do about the same with it as you can do with photoshop (and with the adobe/macromedia buyout they work together quite nicely). Switching to another program now would be a waste of time for me. I think that Fireworks is better for mockups than Photoshop since you're able to place object pixel by pixel and that comes in quite handy when you're using css-sprites for most of your sites (which I'd advice when you want to save on bandwidth).

@fatbat - you know what you´re talking of - excellent portfolio (costa del sol isn´t too bad either - tarifa??)

@explorer - agree Fireworks is still a great product - css sprites the way to go

@allbizniz - haven´t used Gimp for years - did the UI improve?

@fatbat - you know what you´re talking of - excellent portfolio (costa del sol isn´t too bad either - tarifa??)

@explorer - agree Fireworks is still a great product - css sprites the way to go

@allbizniz - haven´t used Gimp for years - did the UI improve?

Yeah, it's not to bad. Can't complain since it's free :). You can edit PSD in it as well. I had also found out you can import Photoshop brushes into the Gimp.