Wealth Inequality Infographic

maybenot

Apr 3, 2013
Not sure why this is suddenly being watched so much, I guess it must have been picked up recently. Anyway I just watched it and it would be interesting to hear your opinions.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM]Wealth Inequality in America - YouTube[/ame]

Here's one of the top comments as of right now:

""Tax the rich" is a simplistic term, it is really what you do with the money afterwards that is the key - for example, using it to fund schools, teachers, doctors and other public servants would be useful. Maybe help the underprivileged who want to improve their situation in life to enrol onto business or other professional courses can lead them to better jobs. Society cannot be truly meritocratic if it doesn't give the very poorest children a chance to reach the top."

The two things that stand out to me are:

"blah blah is the CEO working 380 times harder than the average worker? I think not". Why do people think it's about how hard you work and not about how much value you make (as cheesy as that sounds)?

and

Any 'restructuring' of the wealth graph would be nothing other than forced, artificial redistribution of wealth. Would they justify this because they think it makes on average more people happy?

I would like to hear what you think about this because I feel there's something else terribly wrong with it and I am not capable of seeing it clearly right now.

Mods - please feel free to delete as per flaw3d's post

1595201-oh_look_its_this_thread_again_super.jpg

img-oh-look-this-thread-again-167

54887d1345510728-chat-motorola-af4bd_orig-oh_look_this_thread_again.jpg

239-oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

22714591.jpg

this-thread-again-thumb.jpg

cinnamon-toast-crunch5.jpg

Already posted... once again I'll just add this here..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KENaWXPmBr0]eEconomics - SPECIAL - Tax Inequality in America - YouTube[/ame]

Edit: Finally figured out how to embed..