Warning: Stay Away from WP Cloner by Mass Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddarhusetgal

Incongruous Juxtaposition
May 2, 2007
I really, really hope some enterprising WF member can come up with a product that clones blogs. I've had to deal with sub par programs and poor service-oriented merchants in my quest to find a good solution and enough is enough!

Case in point is the WP Cloner by Mass Automation. I purchased this relatively expensive software ($149) about 6 weeks ago from them. The purpose of the software was to clone wordpress blogs instantly. After my tech guy fought a long and valiant battle with a software support person who barely understood the basic parts of speech in 5th grade English, this same person refunded our money even though we were quite clear that we just wanted an upgrade not a refund....

Just yesterday we go back to try again and we go through more drama. We are sent an email saying that we can get a discount on this software of $100. Ok, cool we try again. Hours later we are sent an email saying "oh this is for existing customers".

We email the guy saying "listen we never asked for a refund and we tried to contact you even going as far as checking your WHOIS info only there's no real number listed there".

Now explain to me how a rational business person will tell a customer who has tried to pay for a product TWICE and has gone as far as checking their whois info to reach them that the fault is on their part???!!???

I think sellers need to recognize the difference between a customer who is a time waster and one with reasonable standards who will be a high value lifetime customer (as we would have been...). If merchants can't take the time to acknowledge customers who want to do business with them despite the hiccups, they should be comfortable with the rapid erosion of their brand equity and customer loyalty.

So, if anyone knows of any alternative products, please feel free to PM me affiliate links.

Like I said, stay away from Mass Automation and the poor manner in which they do business....

PS
I guess another moral of this story could be to do more biz here on WF as I have NEVER had any issues with folks here :s

Status
Not open for further replies.