Wanted: WordPress Plugin - Stack Overflow style Q&A Section

Berto

Movin to TX
Jan 3, 2009
Proudly Incorporated in WY
wordai.com
I'm wasting quality content on contact forms. All that content should be public for the eyes of Google!

So I want a WordPress Q&A Style plugin that will make questions public, with some add-ons.

So here's what I want

1. Any viewer can ask a question. It goes into moderation queue.
  2. I then moderate everything.
  3. It works with the SEO Ultimate plugin's Deeplinks Juggernaut so I can get some inner link love.
- I don't want users registering on my sites, if I can avoid it.
- So I'll need some spam protection and moderation. Nothing automatically posted.

PERFECT World:

1. Any viewer can ask a question. It goes into moderation queue.
  2. As spam protection, make them opt into a MailChimp list. Once they are opted in, the question goes live on a new URL (preferably SEO-optimized URL).
  3. Anyone can answer a question. But their email needs to be opted into MailChimp before it goes public.
  4. I still moderate everything.
Nothing is using MailChimp like this, so in the meantime I'd have to find some other options to start from.

Wp-Answers, Wordpress Question & Answers Plugin : Features - This seems overkill, but might be able to do what I want.

WordPress - DZS Support Tickets / Forums - WordPress Plugin | CodeCanyon - Public or Private Support Tickets

WordPress Q&A Plugin - WPMU Dev - WPMU has questions section. $19 includes a month of upgrades and support. They never answered my email questions last time I asked for this.

Anyone with experience on this? Use any of these plugins? Anyone interested in working on it with me?

Berto

I think WMPU is $19 PER month, you might want to check on that if you do end up going that route.

gravityforms maybe? they can make a question go into a post that has to be moderated before published.

I think WMPU is $19 PER month, you might want to check on that if you do end up going that route.

So in my first search, I remember thinking this. I am not paying monthly for software that's on my server.

gravityforms maybe? they can make a question go into a post that has to be moderated before published.

Oh yeah, on my first search, I also remember seeing a suggestion for this too. I currently use Gravity Forms in my contact form on two of my sites - hooked into MailChimp. I'm going to contact them and see what they themselves say.

THANKS GUYS! I owe

So in my first search, I remember thinking this. I am not paying monthly for software that's on my server.

Oh yeah, on my first search, I also remember seeing a suggestion for this too. I currently use Gravity Forms in my contact form on two of my sites - hooked into MailChimp. I'm going to contact them and see what they themselves say.

THANKS GUYS! I owe

If you use gravity form, maybe you can use this plugin (WordPress › Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types « WordPress Plugins). I've never used it but I was curious about your implementation as well and that seems to be able to make posts based off form entries.

I worked on a project doing something similar to this using Codeigniter years ago, called FAQyourself.

Why don't you use Contact Forms 7, their Database-Extension plugin, and then write a custom plugin that queries the table and outputs it through a shortcode to a page. ex. [faqlist]

*Not a big fan of gravity forms. Too bloated IMO