Wanted: Advice on Local Lead Gen

Despoil

Jan 26, 2009
St. Louis, Mo
Got an offer to local lead gen for an business here in town. Basically I would collect the leads and send him the spreadsheets and bill him per lead at $10.

Can I get some general advice on this topic?

If that question is too broad here are some categories: payments, lead quality, common complaints/issues, etc.

Jesus dude, how long is a piece of string?

Leads don't convert.
Leads are doubling up with his own website.
Leads are cold.

Bill fortnightly if you're doing any volume. At least until you trust him.

Yeah lead quality was definitely his biggest concern. I plan on combating this by targeting demographically at his statistically most converted callers.

bi weekly seems like a great idea. Especially considering his enthusiasm when he heard the option for performance based advertising lol

I cant remember where I got this from, but why not setup a kiosk in a busy mall with a touch screen computer and they can enter to win something by filling out a questionnaire or their email address (or whatever you need).

If your making $10 per lead, you could afford to give something away that is pretty nice if you put it in a high traffic enough area.

Say you got 50 people per day to sign up. Theres $500 for you, say you spend $100 on a daily prize, your left with $400.

You could probably rent a space for $1000 or so per month (depending on city/traffic)

So with those really rough (and not researched) you should be making a nice profit and have a constant stream of leads.