Vistaprint - Physical Proofs

Human

X
Nov 24, 2009
Anyone have experience with the ability to get a physical proof through Vistaprint, instead of a crappy PDF and a barrage of spam emails and phone calls?

On a related note, are there any cost-efficient competitors? Thanks.

If you are so worried about print quality then why are you using vistaprint in the first place?

it has print in the name dude. it must be good for print.

same reason you use google for googling

image.jpg

I actually got a sample pack from them the other day, so I'm perfectly position to answer your question.

They haven't spammed me, except for some remarketing ads.

But I was specifically interested in business cards and the quality left a lot to be desired.

If you know how to setup a print job (bleeds, trim marks, ink coverage, embedding files, fonts, etc.) then a PDF should be adequate. I haven't had a physical proof for dozens of print jobs in more than 10 years. It's a pain in the ass couriering shit around, especially on tight deadlines. If you have doubts about some aspect of the job, simply print the PDF off on a high end colour laser printer.

As others have said though, Vistaprint is ass. If you want good quality printing, you're much better off finding a local print shop that does proper offset printing to work closely with.

Last time I had cards, I used Moo and frankly I thought those cards were tits. That said, I'm not exactly Patrick Bateman with respect to my knowledge of card stock, colors, and fonts.