Videos, create your own or reuse?

Kdpelkin

Oct 6, 2011
USSR
I have seen many posts about linking videos in your website. Should these videos ne unique or can i reuse one on YouTube, or one I find somewhere else online. Also what would the difference be?

I have seen many posts about linking videos in your website. Should these videos ne unique or can i reuse one on YouTube, or one I find somewhere else online. Also what would the difference be?

It really depends on your goals.

If you want to build a kick ass site that everyone loves, it's good to have some exclusive video content. If you just want to break up lots of text or try to increase users' time on your pages, embedding Youtube vids will probably do the trick.

I would advice you to create your own video which is good for you. I think you should create content yourself for the video

Like Elvis said, it depends on what your goals are.

For example a brick-and-mortar small business trying to increase their conversion rate with a 1 minute promotional video can expect to pay around $500 for a "TurnHere" quality video. Corporate videos made by professional videographers can run into the thousands.

For affiliates, some companies supply videos to their affiliates.

In my opinion, you're far better off to have no video on your site than a poor quality video. So either make a really good video or grab one off Youtube.

I have been doing video marketing and always manage to get my videos to the top of Youtube. Definitely go with creating your own! And do not use any copyrighted material because you do not want to risk getting your video to the top of Youtube only to have it banned. Use your own unique content. Like they said Fiverr is good place to buy videos or go to eBay - which I prefer, better quality. Or make it yourself with Windows Movie Maker.