Video Game Affiliate Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeKill

Mar 17, 2007
I'm looking for a good affiliate to sell pre-sales to upcoming video games for the PC and XBox and was wondering anyone had any good experiences? EB-Games does their affiliate work through LinkShare, but I think it's pretty tough to get them to approve you without a solid looking site.

Anything other then the obvious like Amazon or Ebay?

Linkshare approved me with my shitty blog.... so don't think you'll have a prob mate. Have you applied to them?

Thanks for the tips everyone. I was accepted in Linkshare no problem, I just was denied to the EB Games affiliate program within when I applied. I'll give it another go though with an alternate site...

Amazon is nice since they got quite a huge games section and I don't know of anyone who wasn't accepted. 4.0-8.5% per sale in the performance plan.

Every network has a bunch of merchants that will be doing pre-sales. Also, if you just want to do a lead approach, maybe try Gamefly (rentals primarily) who is with CJ.

Which games are you interested in promoting? I assume that Madden and Halo 3 are the big ones at the top of your list, but lots of competition. You may want to go for some of the big, but less competitive titles like Bioshock and Crysis.

I'd look for merchant progs.
try googling for 'video game affiliates'
-
i had a wrestling niche site and the direct merchant aff progs were paying about 10% on sales.

i think amazon's 4% is pretty crappy.

you might also want to look at sideshowtoy.com and get on their aff prog.
if someone buys a collectible terminator or GI Joe off there for $200, you could be making a nice $10-20, instead of the $4 off a video game.

some of the other collectible stuff goes up to $500 and you have to pre-order months ahead to hope to even get one unit...

Status
Not open for further replies.