Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Android Phone

Votes: 31 67.4%

• Total voters

toppymoney

ist brüno
Jan 2, 2009
Your Mom's House
I know this is debated a lot but, im getting a new phone for my birthday and need your opinion.

I am stuck between the Blackberry Tour and the DROID, or another android os based phone.

I like the professionalism of the Crackberry, but I also like the open source options with andriod based phones.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Last edited:

Had the Droid since the day it came out and I don't really see how the Blackberry could be any better but I know it has its diehard fans. Anyways, my vote would be for Droid.

I have HTC Hero and am totally in love with Android OS. I can't imagine using anything but Android or iPhone.

Just found this interesting post on crackberry forum:

A. BlackBerry isn't going anywhere. They're leading the market...still. They will always have a niche in the market, especially when it comes to business. It gets the job done flawlessly. Once the newness of your Droid wears off, as it does with every phone you ever buy, you will miss pure functionality and you will miss not having to download a new app to be able to do something else with your phone. BlackBerry has so much built into it that no other OS can touch them when it comes to productivity and functionality. BlackBerry doesn't have to say, "There's an app for that." and did you realize that nobody has tried to bash BlackBerry's (ad wise)? That's because they can't compare. With BlackBerry, you have a choice. Any carrier, anywhere in the world. BlackBerry has made a HUGE footprint on the entire cell phone industry.

B. Android is a new trend. It isn't a hardened OS. It needs a lot of work to be where it needs to be. The Droid itself is ugly as sin. It looks like an ereader, and why even have a keyboard if the physical keyboard is no better than a virtual keyboard? The Droid's keyboard is G-A-R-B-A-G-E. The battery life is horrible, as it is with any Android phone.

C. You sound like a young, spoiled kid that has been handed a new toy. You're jumping to conclusions. I had a Hero for nearly a month. I played with it for about two weeks, mind you, I had to keep it plugged up so I could. Sure, download a million games on your phone, and carry your wall charger and car charger everywhere you go, and you might like the phone. I have a PS3 for games, and I could still play games on any BlackBerry all day and not worry about my battery. And if you want games on the go, buy a PSP or a DS.

Once the hype dies down, which it's starting to quickly, BlackBerry will still be exactly where it was before VZW tried to glorify their beloved Droid. BlackBerry is for true smartphone USERS. Android and other OS's and platforms are for trendsetters/followers and people that like to have the latest and greatest, pay a ton for phones trying to keep up with all of the new phones coming out, and be completely bored with the phone a month or two after you get it and the hype dies down.

With BlackBerry, rather than a source of entertainment, I view it as a tool. It gets everything I need to get done, accomplished and very easily. I never worry about it dying, and it will always be there with the support community it has always had.

Just found this interesting post on crackberry forum:

A. BlackBerry isn't going anywhere. They're leading the market...still. They will always have a niche in the market, especially when it comes to business. It gets the job done flawlessly. Once the newness of your Droid wears off, as it does with every phone you ever buy, you will miss pure functionality and you will miss not having to download a new app to be able to do something else with your phone. BlackBerry has so much built into it that no other OS can touch them when it comes to productivity and functionality. BlackBerry doesn't have to say, "There's an app for that." and did you realize that nobody has tried to bash BlackBerry's (ad wise)? That's because they can't compare. With BlackBerry, you have a choice. Any carrier, anywhere in the world. BlackBerry has made a HUGE footprint on the entire cell phone industry.

B. Android is a new trend. It isn't a hardened OS. It needs a lot of work to be where it needs to be. The Droid itself is ugly as sin. It looks like an ereader, and why even have a keyboard if the physical keyboard is no better than a virtual keyboard? The Droid's keyboard is G-A-R-B-A-G-E. The battery life is horrible, as it is with any Android phone.

C. You sound like a young, spoiled kid that has been handed a new toy. You're jumping to conclusions. I had a Hero for nearly a month. I played with it for about two weeks, mind you, I had to keep it plugged up so I could. Sure, download a million games on your phone, and carry your wall charger and car charger everywhere you go, and you might like the phone. I have a PS3 for games, and I could still play games on any BlackBerry all day and not worry about my battery. And if you want games on the go, buy a PSP or a DS.

Once the hype dies down, which it's starting to quickly, BlackBerry will still be exactly where it was before VZW tried to glorify their beloved Droid. BlackBerry is for true smartphone USERS. Android and other OS's and platforms are for trendsetters/followers and people that like to have the latest and greatest, pay a ton for phones trying to keep up with all of the new phones coming out, and be completely bored with the phone a month or two after you get it and the hype dies down.

With BlackBerry, rather than a source of entertainment, I view it as a tool. It gets everything I need to get done, accomplished and very easily. I never worry about it dying, and it will always be there with the support community it has always had.

good post by that guy, and what a virtual bitch-slap as well.

Can't believe they would like the Blackberry on a Crackberry forum.

I wonder what would happen if you browsed a Droid forum?

What can I say im partial to the BB. lol

I know with BB you can buy a third party app to tether to you computer for the mobile broadband without having to pay the extra $30/month to verizon. Can the same be done on the android os?

i love my tour.

android is a COOL phone, but for business it can't even come close.

first, the blackberry keyboard is MUCH better, and this small thing is HUGE for being able to bang out emails more quickly, etc.

second, blackberry has BBM which lets you talk with any other blackberry user anywhere in the world, nearly instantly. no other instant messaging service on a phone compares.

third, the tour has both CDMA and GSM so you can unlock your phone and go anywhere in the world and use a sim card.

fourth, it handles email, and contacts much better.

fifth, its smaller and much much lighter.

sixth, and most important, the battery life on the droid blows. i charge my blackberry battery once every two days and i use it a fuckton.

if you want a phone to fuck around on that has a great browser, then by all means get the droid.

if you want something that will make you more productive and is more practical and functional, then get a tour, hands down

i love my tour.

android is a COOL phone, but for business it can't even come close.

first, the blackberry keyboard is MUCH better, and this small thing is HUGE for being able to bang out emails more quickly, etc.

second, blackberry has BBM which lets you talk with any other blackberry user anywhere in the world, nearly instantly. no other instant messaging service on a phone compares.

third, the tour has both CDMA and GSM so you can unlock your phone and go anywhere in the world and use a sim card.

fourth, it handles email, and contacts much better.

fifth, its smaller and much much lighter.

sixth, and most important, the battery life on the droid blows. i charge my blackberry battery once every two days and i use it a fuckton.

if you want a phone to fuck around on that has a great browser, then by all means get the droid.

if you want something that will make you more productive and is more practical and functional, then get a tour, hands down

Sold, going to the verizon store now...

Sold, going to the verizon store now...

If you can wait a Tour 2 (Essex) is supposed to be released pretty soon. Same thing as the Tour, but the Tour 2 has wifi and a trackpad, instead of a trackball.

If those two factors don't matter, then just get the Tour.

meh, i have a blackberry bold and a 3GS. if the droid is anything like an iphone, it's going to have a way better browser. the blackberry is many wonderful things, but the mobile browser is SERIOUSLY lacking on the berry.

if you only phone, text and e-mail, then a blackberry is for you.

if you want a true information device, go iphone or droid.

I love my BB Tour, it's the shit. This thing is way faster than my curve. A friend of mine has the Tour and got the Droid when it came out. He didn't like the Droid and went back to the Tour.

I love my BB Tour, it's the shit. This thing is way faster than my curve. A friend of mine has the Tour and got the Droid when it came out. He didn't like the Droid and went back to the Tour.

I got the Tour and I love it. Any recommendations on apps I should use to really harness its capabilities for my business.

The apps ive currently installed is Opera Mini for BB 4.7, and Facebook.

What apps do you use?

i never had a black berry personally but my friends have some storms and they are the biggest piece of shit phones. everytime they bust them out the thing either crashes or restarts and those phones take days to start back up. They told me it takes around 3-5 minutes for the phone to start up. what kind of bullshit is that?

I got the Tour and I love it. Any recommendations on apps I should use to really harness its capabilities for my business.

The apps ive currently installed is Opera Mini for BB 4.7, and Facebook.

What apps do you use?

I've got

Facebook app
Poynt
Google Sync
Google Voice App
Spark Recipes app
Visible Vote app
Visual Voice app
I'm going to download UberTwitter
AIM