usmag.org

lose lose win

gnothi seauton
Aug 3, 2011
Not really looking for an appraisal opinion as I don't think it has much stand alone value... actually was just hoping to get opinions as what to do with this particular domain bc of it's obvious potential trademark issues. And that's where I hope to acquire the advice of the collective WF mind.

The term "us mag" gets 40k exact monthly. Of course, the searches are intended for: Celebrity News, Celebrity Gossip and Pictures from Us Weekly - UsMagazine.com

Second goes to a luxury rim manufacturer.

If I ranked this domain for a magazine style site named "Under Statements Magazine" or "United States Magazine" or some other bull shit that fit the bill for "usmag", would I still be at risk for trademark infringement and thus risk the site being shut down? Since the words that the "u" and the "s" stand for are different than that of "Us magazine", shouldn't that make all the difference?

Couldn't I rank first page for this and build an alternative style magazine brand of my own?

Are there any gray areas in trademark violations? If so, is it worth trying to navigate them? Is this a retarded idea?

Thanks for reading.