Using landing pages for leads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylark

Trying to make some moves
Nov 15, 2006
Toronto
Hey WF, I recently opened a Copeac account and now I'm ready to jump into the AM game. I'm going to start off with earning commisions from leads that I supply and later move onto earning commisions from sales once I learn the ropes.

My question is, does it make sense to build a landing page for leads or is it better to just send the user straight to the advertiser's form? I plan on testing out 7search to generate leads, I'm aware that they suck when it comes to converting sales.

By using 7search, I figure I won't have to worry about my CPC rising as would be the case with Adwords if I was to drop my affiliate link into my ad.

Any suggestions?

Usually you want to make your own landing page to help to convert the traffic better. What type of offer is it that youre thinking of promoting?

Take your time

As the title of my post says just take your time

There is not a reason why you could not test both. A landing page and a link right to the offer.

I have found 7Search does not do well for this type of stuff and google has done better for me.

I have tired asking the same question as you did here but there is not one answer to ever situation. I am sure others will be able to give you some extra tips.

Good Luck and report back which you liked better
Alex

Usually you want to make your own landing page to help to convert the traffic better. What type of offer is it that youre thinking of promoting?

Hey mkrongel, thanks for the response. I'm currently promoting Copeac's Auto Quotes.

As the title of my post says just take your time

There is not a reason why you could not test both. A landing page and a link right to the offer.

I have found 7Search does not do well for this type of stuff and google has done better for me.

I have tired asking the same question as you did here but there is not one answer to ever situation. I am sure others will be able to give you some extra tips.

Good Luck and report back which you liked better
Alex

Thanks for the feedback GrassR00ts, I'll give it a shot and let you know how it turned out.

Keep in mind that even the best converting landing pages are going to have some leakage. Some people dont see what they are looking for on landing page and they hit the back button.

Some people need to be pre-sold. Some people get spooked when you change the URL. There is no perfect answer.

We almost always run a landing page and then an order form. On an 10 field auto loan offer, I think I might be tempted to just land on the page. Your target market is people with bad credit who want to get put on a suckers list and have there info sold to 5 dealerships who will pester the heck out of them, they are not going to be into reading what you write.

Keep in mind that even the best converting landing pages are going to have some leakage. Some people dont see what they are looking for on landing page and they hit the back button.

Some people need to be pre-sold. Some people get spooked when you change the URL. There is no perfect answer.

We almost always run a landing page and then an order form. On an 10 field auto loan offer, I think I might be tempted to just land on the page. Your target market is people with bad credit who want to get put on a suckers list and have there info sold to 5 dealerships who will pester the heck out of them, they are not going to be into reading what you write.

Thanks for the info Diorex, I just subscribed to your blog.

Hey mkrongel, thanks for the response. I'm currently promoting Copeac's Auto Quotes.

If you are driving the traffic through PPC you might want to build a presell page to make consumers think they are narrowing down the path to getting what they want.

For example you might make your page a map of the US and say find the lowest auto loan rates in America, to begin select your state and we will match you up with a lender in your area with the lowest rates allowed by law.

Or

Instead of a US map you make a list of car Makes and have them select their make to find their financing, etc..

Auto loans is very competitive but a steady stream of traffic. Let me know if i can help more.

If you are driving the traffic through PPC you might want to build a presell page to make consumers think they are narrowing down the path to getting what they want.

For example you might make your page a map of the US and say find the lowest auto loan rates in America, to begin select your state and we will match you up with a lender in your area with the lowest rates allowed by law.

Or

Instead of a US map you make a list of car Makes and have them select their make to find their financing, etc..

Auto loans is very competitive but a steady stream of traffic. Let me know if i can help more.

Wicked! that's great advice mkrongel. Thanks man!

depends on traffic and how much flexibility and control you have.

I use whitelabel sites for each state for mortgage and then they're auto generated with some state facts scraped from wiki or other places.

However if you have to use pre-made forms that advertisers supply, which really sucks usually, make them iframed if you're going to do a landing page.

iframe your different offers so that users don't see a url change.

Also if you're traffic is very targetted send to the specific landing page that serves that need.

depends on traffic and how much flexibility and control you have.

I use whitelabel sites for each state for mortgage and then they're auto generated with some state facts scraped from wiki or other places.

However if you have to use pre-made forms that advertisers supply, which really sucks usually, make them iframed if you're going to do a landing page.

iframe your different offers so that users don't see a url change.

Also if you're traffic is very targetted send to the specific landing page that serves that need.

Excellent advice smaxor! Thanks a lot man.

Status
Not open for further replies.