Using Facebook/Twitter to break even?

Skint

Aug 16, 2010
Hello,

I'm going to hopefully take my second entrepreneurial venture some time this (or next) year, and I'm looking to use Facebook/Twitter to break even. I will sell all of my products online, and I plan to schedule a release date for these products to come out, so that I can build up a huge amount of interest and potentially break even in a couple of days.. that's the plan.

So I need to market my Facebook and Twitter page so that I can get enough potential customers interested and 'liking' my page/following me on Twitter.

I've calculated that I'll need 90 sales to break even.. so let's say only 1% of all likers/followers make a sale, I will need 9000 people (which is doable) - let's say 10,000.

So then on the release date, my site opens up, 10,000 people are linked to my site, at least 90 people make a sale - I've broken even in as little as 24 hours?!

I was also considering placing incentives on the page, for e.g. 1000 likes/followers and you receive 5% off, 2000 likes/followers and everyone gets 10% off... and so on.

So my questions are:

- Could this work?
- How would I market my page? (could I comment on related pages from my page, suggest to friends etc?)
- How would I target my target consumers - my products are high-end, and I don't want people to expect my products to be cheap and then come release date they think they're too expensive etc.
- How could I increase the percentage of sales relative to number of likes/followers?

I hope you understand everything I've said! Any help would be appreciated. I'm not an affiliate marketer but I thought I'd come here for your expertise. Thanks again!!

Email Mark Zuckerberg and ask him to make your facebook page as the homepage of facebook. Do not take no for an answer.

Ha right.. thanks for the answers. Haven't really gained anything out of this thread yet though..

From what I've experienced/heard, Twitter is not a very effective marketing tool in and of itself for selling products. If you become popular enough on there, it can be an okay means of driving traffic, but don't expect to sell a lot over tweets.

From what I've experienced/heard, Twitter is not a very effective marketing tool in and of itself for selling products. If you become popular enough on there, it can be an okay means of driving traffic, but don't expect to sell a lot over tweets.

Yeah I understand, Facebook is better but I want to take advantage of both.

I don't understand the motivation to break even.

... not sure if you're serious.

Every business looks to break even as soon as possible, most businesses don't break even for years, some never do and fail.

I want to break even as soon as possible, to get my investment back and be left with a running business that I can use to make some kind of income.