Using Adsense on a site that gets it traffic from Adengage, bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpr

Jun 26, 2006
Couldn't post in the traffic forum as I keep getting a database error when I click on it.

Anyway, i've been trying out AdEngage recently and promoting 3 sites, all of which fall under the entertainment genre. It's sending me traffic and i'm earning a decent amount from Adsense daily.

The traffic i'm receiving is mainly from adult sites and is nearly all from China, is this a receipe for getting banned from Adsense for low quality traffic? I know a couple of other people who have been doing it for a while and haven't been banned, i'd rather use an alternative though if theres a good chance i'll be banned.

Lastly, any recommendations other than adsense for that sort of traffic?

Thanks in advance!

If you are a relatively new user and/or you just have one or two sites in adsense, that might be a little risky. It doesn't appear the ads are appearing in popups, so as best I can tell there is no clear TOS issue here, but definitely see what others say too.

Nah I've been using Adsense for quite a while, just never really concentrated on it or made a great deal of money from it.

The sites updated regularly with good content and the ads are targetted well, but I still have concerns about the traffic being from China / adult sites.

Thanks for the reply either way.

With adsense i usually stick to the if in doubt do not do it route. Google can get bothered by the smallest thing sometimes and some of their rules are very grey. I would imagine if the traffic is not converting for the advertisers Google may look int it or your pay out per click will drop to a few cents..

They'll probably just smart price you soon and you'll be getting 1/10th as much and then no problem at least for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.