USB stick-sized computer runs web, email, costs $25

That's pretty sweet, for $25 I'd probably buy one just for the hell of it. I would love to see what the hacker community does with it too, especially security wise, could be very cool.

That looks like a cool little piece of gear + I like the goals they have for the project, encourage a new generation of coders/hackers? Awesome!

Really awesome, But I bet he will never sell these. Greedy computer corps will buy him out or scare him off. Theres no way they would let products like this get out to the public when they are selling cheap dell built computers for 500$ that are worth like 150$.

I remember reading a book or a article about how cheap technology will get every 5 years or something. The book said in about 5-10 years you will be able to buy a power horse computer in todays world for about 100$ and it would be the size of what this guy has built.

Eventually technology would become so cheap that computer chips would become cheaper to make than paper.

Thats whats suppose to happen based on previous years, but of course this would probably never happen as long as there are huge companies that prevent stuff like this from happening or at least try to slow it down as long as possible or else they would be out of business.

insides of a cell phone...

Ha, very true. We're all walking around with one of these in our pocket already. Although I have to admit this is a pretty neat idea. I'd buy it for $25 just for the hell of it. Would be a nice backup to take on trips.

insides of a cell phone...
Well yeah, but for $25, with an Open OS. (!)

Both the minuscule price and the OS being open make it so that it can be put everywhere... They could embed this shit into clothing or backpacks or hats or whatever; I could easily see a keyboard or even just a mouse being sold with this inside it up first.

But of course some big goliath like Dell or IBM is going to come along and force their own OS onto the platform somehow, instead of it just receiving Android like it deserves...

Best case scenario: Google sees the promise in this spreading their OS so they Buy it out and don't cover it up. -G is the one company I can think of that has it in their best interest to do so. -Luckily they're filthy rich and would like to get their new OS (that fits on this thing) to as many eyeballs as possible.

-Unless this guy hates Google for some reason, it's a match made in tech heaven.

Well yeah, but for $25, with an Open OS. (!)

Both the minuscule price and the OS being open make it so that it can be put everywhere... They could embed this shit into clothing or backpacks or hats or whatever; I could easily see a keyboard or even just a mouse being sold with this inside it up first.

But of course some big goliath like Dell or IBM is going to come along and force their own OS onto the platform somehow, instead of it just receiving Android like it deserves...

Best case scenario: Google sees the promise in this spreading their OS so they Buy it out and don't cover it up. -G is the one company I can think of that has it in their best interest to do so. -Luckily they're filthy rich and would like to get their new OS (that fits on this thing) to as many eyeballs as possible.

-Unless this guy hates Google for some reason, it's a match made in tech heaven.

These devices aren't new, and most of them run Linux or some derivative.

wow nice- but i think the cell phone will soon give you the same but even better on the same price.
the older smart phones that you can buy in 25$ or 2-3 year from now the smart phones that support all of this will be available chip.