USA SMS Inbox Online?

metoo

Mar 7, 2008
Do you know how to get an online inbox for a USA phone number? I'm trying to verify a Google checkout account but want it in USD so I have to register with a USA location.

I can receive the payments but is there a way to receive sms texts to a USA phone number online, without me having an actual USA phone number? Or even a USA phone number will do (i've tried ring2skype but it has an extension number which wont work for me).

Any idea pls? Thank you.

I don't think you can do that. The only thing I can think of is some sort of IP phone that you can have connected in the States, which gives you a phone number and all the redirection services that you need.

Thanks guys. I'm actually not in the USA and I think Google voice only works for USA located folks.

Is there another service you know of?

Edit: forgot that you need SMS.

In that case you can play around with Twillio. They support SMS incoming, but you'll need to write a quick script to accept the message. If you have minimal PHP skills you should get by with their examples.

twilio should work but wondering how will you setup a google checkout in USA and receive funds abroad? if u can explain, coz i wanted to setup one but thought this isnt possible at all

twilio should work but wondering how will you setup a google checkout in USA and receive funds abroad? if u can explain, coz i wanted to setup one but thought this isnt possible at all

It all depends where you are from. You can open a US bank account from Canada pretty easily for example.

Thank you all for your help, that's great.

As for me, I actually have a friend in the USA who helped me open a really basic bank account for stuff like this.

But I'm sure you can open these accounts online, if you get a notary public to vouch for your identity etc.

HTH.