.us domains

mikecarquote

Jul 6, 2008
Any thoughts on .us domains? I never see them in the google.com serps. Certaintly not on the first 8 or 10 pages. Has any one ever seen a .us on page 1?

Thx!

Sure, I have never seen them in Serps.... However I have seen good dictionary keyword sold at very high prices at snapnames. I have also registered several dictionary word .US domain name but no luck as of now

They are working only for US market and if you plan to target SE traffic your visitors will come only from US and nowhere else. But in US they are ranking side by side with .com .net and other TLD's

I have 2 .us EMD's ranked in the top 10 and they are the only 2 i've ever tried. 2 totally unrelated niches. 1 is a kw.us and other is kwkwkw.us

One is ranked #8 for about 5,000 local exacts/month
The other is ranked #7 and gets about 75,000 local exacts/month.

So yes, its possible. The hard part for me is getting them in the top 5/3..

.us and .co domains are new, so the sites that use them are new too, so they arent going to rank well now for competitive kws, but wait a few more years and you'll see more,

I've had two .US domains on the first page and I am currently working towards getting a third one there. Google seems to appreciate .US a bit more than other ccTLDs. If you've got your eye on solid keyword .us there is a good chance you can rank it.

I just saw some sites being sold at flippa with .us extensions. So far the prices were good and based on their history, they all undergo to a serious SEO before making it to top 10.

They are working only for US market and if you plan to target SE traffic your visitors will come only from US and nowhere else. But in US they are ranking side by side with .com .net and other TLD's

That may not be a bad thing since a lot of the offers I push are for US people.

Ermmm...not completely true. Sure I mainly get US visitors but I also get a ton of visitors from Romania and GB. It's more about the SEO work you do in my opinion.

These are great for US targeted traffic. I had seen many of these on top rankings for google.us results, but they don't perform very good on other countries.

As WickedWeasel said, these domains are selling pretty good on flippa, and also there are loads of micro niche sites with this extension which have been sold on flippa, also with good income from US traffic.