US adwords account, if based in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2007
France
Hi,
It must be cheaper to have a US adwords account rather than a UK one? The minimum bids must be a tiny bit smaller (1p/couple of cents?)?

If that is all true... Is it easy to go about getting a US adwords account?

Well, what I meant was basically ... does having a US adwords account result in any cheaper bids? (Either due to the exchange rate, or because the minimum amount in GBP is 1p, yet 1p = 1.95 cents - so at very low min bids, you could have a "half" pence lower (if that makes any sense at all)?

(i know it is only a matter of pennies/cents. but could add up quite quickly over thousands and thousands of clicks)

Yes, you are definitely right. And it's only pennies when you are spending pennies, once you move up 4 to 5 figures daily, a minimum bid of $0.05 vs 0.05 GBP makes a huge difference. And yes, it's not a problem to get an USD account, you just need to choose the currency you'd like when signing up.

Dunno how it works for UK but when I pay facebook in $ for example, from a euro country (france), my bank takes 2% of the amount so... better to pay in your local currency if you can.

Dunno how it works for UK but when I pay facebook in $ for example, from a euro country (france), my bank takes 2% of the amount so... better to pay in your local currency if you can.
This depends entirely on your bank/credit card provider. It's not an international rule.

I and gopher were discussing this on an earlier thread, we mentioned getting a certain card, so if you want to search you can - its Adwords US vs UK

Ohh and gopher they didnt accept my application - Musnt be earning enough!

If you're in the UK and you need to do international/foreign currency transactions, get a nationwide account or credit card.. they are the only bank that doesn't charge for this, all the other banks charge 2%-3%.. The other option is a post office credit card which is also no charge.

You don't need a US account. You can open an account in the UK, but set the currency to Dollars.

I and gopher were discussing this on an earlier thread, we mentioned getting a certain card, so if you want to search you can - its Adwords US vs UK

Ohh and gopher they didnt accept my application - Musnt be earning enough!

Really? And you applied for the international currency charge card? I thought there was no minimum income level, they only wanted all of those references and shit.

Edit: But yeah, a ICC Amex and a USD currency account are the way to go. No more % charges and you earn rewards.

Hmm. This looks like it is the easiest option.

It it pretty much the exact same as having a US account?

I'm not sure as I don't have a US account to compare it with... but I've never seen any rewards :eek:.

From what I recall, I just went through the account setup and there was an option to choose currency... was a while back though.

Using a UK card you probably won't get the best exchange rate, the ICC sounds the way to go.

I've wondered for a while whether another currency would be better.. if you can only get £0.01 clicks in GBP, but $0.01 clicks in USD, maybe you can get even cheaper clicks in Yen or Rupees?

It is cheaper in every sense to have a US adwords account. This is what happened to me: Open a adwords account, chose pound sterling for my currency, google charges me £5 to open account. My CPC are high - very high. So I closed the account, opened a new one and chose us $ as my currency. google charged me $5 for this account. Had i done this initailly, I would have saved about £2.50 at the current exchange rate.

The Idea: chose $us dollars for currency, no matter where you are in the world. you'll save on join-up and cpc.

do they let you have more than one account?
i think i'd prefer a gbp account for uk stuff and usd for us stuff. until maybe i start doing enough uk stuff for it to make sense to do that in usd too.

Status
Not open for further replies.