URL Too Long For Adwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

loksch

Mar 28, 2009
Pac N'West
Hi to All,
This is my first post....I am really happy to be here but I have a huge problem.

I have ads ready to go in Adwords but ....as I am using NeverrBlue for the first time....the display url that I generated from the actual website that I am linking from is waaayyy too long for the Adwords box....can anyone advise on how to cut the url down and still link to the same page. I don't know what I can take out of a url and what I can't. If someone is here who can answer ... I'll even put the url up so that you can see it and advise.
Thanks very much...I will be more sociable next time.
loksch

But...the url I got is for a specific page and a specific item...there are numbers, etc that relate directly to that item. If I do what you say - then I will probably just link to the front page of the website...right ??
Tks,

But...the url I got is for a specific page and a specific item...there are numbers, etc that relate directly to that item. If I do what you say - then I will probably just link to the front page of the website...right ??
Tks,

Don't confuse the display url with the destination url. Put the aff link you got from the n/w into the destination url field and the main domain in the display url field. The destination url is what will take the visitor to the proper landing page encoded with your aff link.

If you press ALT-F4 the address box doubles in size - first time you do it you get 70 chars for the address, second time 140 chars and so on.

Bobby Custard
If you are right...THANK YOU !!!

and to Rage 9
If you don't have anything concrete to offer...save the language...and just fade away !

It's not my fault you won't read the noobie rules. This should have been posted in the noobie section, but seeing as you must have a brain tumor, because come on someone isn't naturally that fucking stupid are they?

Ok bro for starters if you are linking directly to an affiliate you will mostly be paying Google to help retain the 200 employees they laid off.

Take the time and learn what a lander is. This site and Google will help find what you are looking for if you use the search feature.

Finally WF treats all noobs like this so do not get your panties in a bunch. If you are looking for a kind and gentle forum seek digital point and warrior forum. Besure to wear a condom and a tin foil hat at warrior forum.

If you choose to ignore the actually good advice from all above, you'll finder it a little gentler posting in the newbies section.

You really do not need the www in the display url either. There is 4 more characters for the 3 ws and the period.

Just do url.com/keyword and see if that fits.....

Status
Not open for further replies.