Status
Not open for further replies.

Grindstone

Sofa King Re: Tar Dead
May 13, 2008
North Idaho
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
So I've got about 30 boxes of vinyl material cluttering up my now much smaller shop, and having just bought a new house that I'll be moving to in the spring, I really don't feel like moving this shit again. I'm pretty much into blowing it out and never seeing it again so I just went and edited up this cheezy subdomain site I built in March (for SEO testing purposes, #7 on google with a keyword subdomain, base WP install and no links, wtf?) with some rock bottom ridiculous Wickedfire only prices (well, you pricks and the 4/5 unique visitors that find they're way too it every month but whatever, I'm too lazy to make a new page).

SO WTF IS A URL STICKER?

Amazingly enough, a URL sticker is exactly that. It's a high quality, custom made die cut sticker of your URL, made from pressure sensitive adhesive backed vinyl. It will stick to anything smooth, clean and relatively flat (actually you can wrap it around compound curves but you probably don't want to try...or maybe you do, I don't give a fuck one way or the other). To apply it, just peel off the backing paper, align it where you want, press it down with your hand or vcc, peel off the transfer paper and voila, bad ass sticker with your URL on it.

OK, SO WHY WOULD I WANT SOME?

Well, predominantly it would be to stroke your ego and satisfy your lizard brain. "Look at me, I'm so balling I got stickers for my flog!" But reaching beyond childish self gratification, URL stickers can be a pretty effective way to advertise, situation dependent. See, these things are pretty damn permanent. They can removed with a razor blade (and an ice scraper if you're a dumbass) but that's about it. They're UV resistant so they'll last years, if not decades (probably singular but that felt really cool to type), so once you stick one on something, it's there until someone really wants to remove it.

You're paying for it once, and it's getting x to x,xxx,xxx impressions. Completely untargeted impressions, but wtf, they're cheaper than shit at these prices. Again I'm too lazy to really put any work into this sales page, but I saw a link years ago on a signmakers forum to a study done in LA using the CalTrans traffic cameras and some uniquely identifiable bumper stickers and some of them registered over 3.5 million views (to the traffic cams) in a 12 month period.

SO WHAT TYPE OF URLS WOULD BE GOOD TO ADVERTISE?

• Perhaps you have a really good brandable domain, like UpHerButt.com...something memorable that people are going to be able to go home, remember, type in and spank to.
  • Or maybe you have a local portal or directory site that you want people in your local community to start using...stick 20-50 of these randomly on cars at your local Park & Ride and watch the traffic stream in. Or the complaints. Whatever, they're your stickers, do with them what you want.
  • Maybe you just registered DennisYuRimsGoats.com and you want to sticker up every booth at ASW...not saying you should, but you could.
  • Dating sites? How about stickering up some bar bathroom mirrors with something akin to "Tired Of Jerking It Alone? ChicagoSluts.com" or something similar, you see where I'm going with this. Alcohol + Loser + Rebill = WIN
  • Not into "blackhat" stickering? Just order some and hand them out to your friends, ask them to put them on their cars, trucks, girlfriend's tramp stamps...whatever. Just like affiliate marketing, the possibilities are endless. If you can't see the potential here, you're not worthy of these badass URL stickers and should hit the back << now.
  • How about some stickers for your blogs? PPC.bz stickers would be pimp. Just sayin...
So yeah, that's it. I'm getting bored with this and I almost guarantee that nobody has read this far, except to see what the review copy plz status is. So I'll cut it short, except to say, if you need some vinyl graphics besides URL stickers, and you can properly execute a clean EPS file with fonts converted to outlines and grouped by colors, PM me. Otherwise fuck off, I really don't feel like dealing with that "awesome" logo your buddy drew on a bar napkin while sniffing his fingers and mumbling to himself.

3 Review Copies PLZ (10 pack) to Mods (US Based, not filling out any fucking customs forms over this bullshit, sorry) or 1000+ posts with good itraders. Or if you've hooked me up in the past. And if you won't leave a review about how awesome your new URL stickers make you feel, like the 3 wolves t shirt only more badass and powerful, fuck you, don't claim it. PM me with URL and mailing address to claim review copiez.

For the rest of you, go here now and transform your life from the below average to the super spectacular.

^Not a dickroll but that would have been the correct play.

Naw, it's cool, you've got the same name as one of my old climbing partners, you're in. Unless you're a physical therapist who likes to climb big himalyan mountains on shrooms, then you are my old climbing partner. And you're still in.

Review copies claimed, stickers will go out in tomorrows mail.

Accepting non review orders and custom quote requests while we wait for the reviews to come in. Not expecting any, of course. This is WF.

Review copy claimers, upon making your stickers last night, I realized that 3"x22" might be too large for some applications so I'm sending a mix of sizes. Please let me know when you get them which sizes you think are most useful for your advertising purposes.

Thnx.

On your site you only list one size, and it's pretty huge. Can you make something more like 5" x 3"

Yeah, 3" x 22" turned out to be huge when I started making them. I made a few different sizes for the review copies, hoping to get some feedback on what people like best.

Can make them any size really, limited by 22" max on one dimension and limited on how small they can be by the physical reality of really small text...anything less than 1/2" text is pretty tough on the plotter. Actually, it'll cut smaller but removing the excess material gets hard there.

Printed stickers are totally different, but those are not at this pricing structure.

Shoot me a PM with what you're looking for at the 5"x3" size and I'll let you know our options.

@ad hustler, PM received. I'll get some out to you in the next batch, previously claimed review copies went out in yesterdays mail.

You're failing on marketing.

Post some pictures of a sample URL sticker

You are so right...thanks for pointing that out. :)

cut and weeded...

CaseyTrike001.jpg

taped and trimmed...

CaseyTrike002.jpg

installed...

CaseyTrike003.jpg

Matt3, up to 22" long (going to break down the size options at some point...)

10 $12
25 $22
50 $37
100 $67

Mix and match sizes and colors is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.